Reaction score
Hello,
I finally let curiosity get the best of me and ordered a Itelite DBS antenna mod. I've watched several videos on installation, and it doesn't look to difficult. But this is where i'm gonna leave it to the pros of the forum. Are there any tricks that will make this installation easier. I have read that you don't have to drill holes. I don't think it would look very clean with the wires hanging straight out of the antenna hole. Has anyone tried this? For those who have drilled holes, any tips as far as placement. I know that the bit is 1/4 ".
Basically just looking for some tips from the veterans who have installed this mod on their Phantom 3 Standards.

just take your time getting silicone off connectors after that real easy

just take your time getting silicone off connectors after that real easy
Thanks for the advice. I have learned that the silicone removal is the part where people often destroy the connectors. What would you have to say about the lack of drilling holes idea. I don't mind drilling them, however is it necessary? What if you were to label the antenna connection to distinguish it from the wifi connectors?

It is not necessary to drill and there's several threads about all the ways to do this .
If you are going to drill do start with a small one and work up to the 1.4"
I never take mine off so drill I did on both mine .
The panel to TX clip he sends now I don't care for and fixed mine like the first one he came out with .
He also is sending those shorter cables now from the panel so that is good .

It is not necessary to drill and there's several threads about all the ways to do this .
If you are going to drill do start with a small one and work up to the 1.4"
I never take mine off so drill I did on both mine .
The panel to TX clip he sends now I don't care for and fixed mine like the first one he came out with .
He also is sending those shorter cables now from the panel so that is good .
Thank you! I cannot find the posts that you mentioned about not drilling the holes upon installation. I am interested in taking it apart for storage in my dji hard backpack so what you personally recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I might could find the post on several that just ran the cables through the antenna hole but might take awhile .
That's all they did was that . Still have to disconnect those cables ether way if your going to remove it .
I drilled both of mine but that was my choice .Just neater looking to me but will work both ways .
I will look for the post or one of them anyway ta show ya what they did :)

Reactions: dirtbikejoe36
Dirk, I'm with you, I drilled mine as well. Seems like passing the cables our the antenna hole is asking for issues. Even if you seal it with silicone a good "yank" would probably damage a board.

Reactions: dirkclod
Ok. One more question. How do you know what cables go into which ports
Dirk, I'm with you, I drilled mine as well. Seems like passing the cables our the antenna hole is asking for issues. Even if you seal it with silicone a good "yank" would probably damage a board.
Thanks, Please keep all of the tips rolling in. I Believe that it will help many others as well.

That easy. The DBS01 has 2 connectors close together, those two replace the little square 2.4Gh internal antennas inside the remote. The single connector replaces the stick antenna.

Bottom in is 5.8 and 2 top are 2.4 IMG_1602.JPG On back of panel 5.8 goes to port 1 or the one one the left if not labeled .
I also agree with Techcop with what he said but guess what you want . I have my Standard and P2V done the same .
tx.jpg

That easy. The DBS01 has 2 connectors close together, those two replace the little square 2.4Gh internal antennas inside the remote. The single connector replaces the stick antenna.
GMTA and we posted at the same time ;)

Reactions: Techcop50
Nice work, Dirk. Where did you get the "stick-toppers"?

Reactions: Techcop50
just ordered the red "Aces"! Thanks, Dirk, good resource!

just ordered the red "Aces"! Thanks, Dirk, good resource!
They have been sponsers here several times and they are a nice Co. to deal with .
One is a member here ..gogowanda

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the advice. I'm pretty confident this mod will go easy. I was confused as to what connectors went to what ports. However I'm good on that now! (I've heard but cannot confirm that these instructions are not included with the mod) Thanks for posting pictures!! Any more tips/tricks for fellow readers would be appreciated. It seems that this is a hot mod, and has a lot of confusion stirring amongst it's subject.

Thanks for all of the advice. I'm pretty confident this mod will go easy. I was confused as to what connectors went to what ports. However I'm good on that now! (I've heard but cannot confirm that these instructions are not included with the mod) Thanks for posting pictures!! Any more tips/tricks for fellow readers would be appreciated. It seems that this is a hot mod, and has a lot of confusion stirring amongst it's subject.

Just take your time and if you have any doubts just ask :)

I might could find the post on several that just ran the cables through the antenna hole but might take awhile .
That's all they did was that . Still have to disconnect those cables ether way if your going to remove it .
I drilled both of mine but that was my choice .Just neater looking to me but will work both ways .
I will look for the post or one of them anyway ta show ya what they did :)

If I just decide to run the cables through the antenna hole without drilling, do I have to request for longer cables when I order the mod? I was thinking of using heatshrink at the opening of the controller ( where the antenna is) to keep the cables together. I will be ordering through the DBS website, unless you have a better site for it. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

I don't know if it would do any good to request anything as I did on my last one I bought and didn't get but what it showed on the buy page .
I got mine from the website but have seen them on e-bay also . They all come from the same place though, Poland .
I don't think you will have any issue's but do know the cables sent with this one ..external ones ..were shorter than the one I got in Oct.
I would make sure where the internal and external cables join didn't touch each other .Don't really know if that would cause you any issue but why take a chance .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic