Dbs itelite antenna

Reaction score
Had a question. So to get maximum range out of this mod what is the recommended altitude height. Or where have you guys seen it perform best ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I did over 9000 feet at 355 feet high a few days ago.

Capture.PNG

Had a question. So to get maximum range out of this mod what is the recommended altitude height. Or where have you guys seen it perform best ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
The higher the better, and that's with any RC setup, mod or stock. So up to 120 meters (400 feet). But once you get to 80 to 100 meters your normally doing good.

I'm only getting 1200 feet at 200 feet up. I've never taken it up past 220 feet. So, I should get more distance if I took it up to 350 or 400 feet?

I'm only getting 1200 feet at 200 feet up. I've never taken it up past 220 feet. So, I should get more distance if I took it up to 350 or 400 feet?
usually the higher up you get away from any interference the better off you are just remember to stay under 400ft

I average 7k feet out at 390ft up

Just making myself a storage case for my r/c and iPad, didn't fancy cutting the hard case I keep the Phantom in.

Attachments

• IMG_2957.JPG
    IMG_2957.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 268
usually the higher up you get away from any interference the better off you are just remember to stay under 400ft

I average 7k feet out at 390ft up

So stay under 400 feet but fly beyond where you can reasonably see the aircraft AND its orientation?

I'm not advocating flying further then line of sight, but there are occasions when we must in order to get pictures or video of certain areas we are unable to launch from. I own a very large tract of swamp land its dangerous to go into because there are lots of deep holes that will swallow you up. there is never enough water in the area to navigate by boat to the area unless we get large amounts of rain. the area has a huge dry land area about 8 acres in size there is a family of deer there I watch. I have to fly out 7k ft to get to that spot there is closer land to fly from but its not my land and I am unable to get permission to fly from it. line of sight is being able to see the drone be it every detail or a tiny spec I can see my drone on a clear day at 2600 ft out its a spec but I can still see it. orientation is as simple as looking at your go app. I rarely fly past line of sight and I never do it off my personal property

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik