Cut out

Reaction score
Hello My dji cut out adout 30ft up, Came crashing down. Have done re cal on pc. But cannot get sat signal now. all I get is green red green Red Green Red Camara works ok Regards Bob

Did it land on its back?

It is possible it has damaged the GPS module. You need to take the top off the quad and see if the small ceramic module mounted in the top shell as any visible damage - like a crack along it. If so it is toast, but if not, it could still be broken. Unless you can see any obvious wires adrift, it would be worth ordering and fitting a new one.

Don't forget to do a full IMU reset after any crash.

One other quick check, make sure both switches on the TX are in the up - OFF position during start up, as you may find you do not get GPS showing if in Atti mode - even if it has signal. Not sure why, but noticed this on my quad, where it would get 0 satellites unless both switches were up during initialisation.

masterofdisaster said:
Thanks for that. I have had a look at the GPS gizmo, it seems ok. I am bidding on another. What is IMU? Please Bob

IMU = Inertial Measurement Unit

You can calibrate it in the phantom assistant software - because of the crash you should do an advanced calibration.

After the calibration you should also re-calibrate the compass

It's possible your GPS is still damaged even if you don't see damage - so you're probably right to get another one on the way :)

Oh one last thing regarding the "cut out" - could you have accidentally initiated the motor shut down sequence? Check the manual - there are several ways to send that signal and that signal will kill the bird dead even in mid air.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl