Crystal Sky 7 inch 1000 nits - UK prices

Reaction score
Well, I for one am fed up to the back teeth on not being able to see the display on my Nexus 7 inch from my P3A.

My daughter has a 1000 nit phone with a reflective screen. WHEN will the manufacturers who make phones and monitors fit a non- reflective screen - including DJI Crystal Sky?

Having a non reflective screen seems to increase the readability by approx. 300 nits I think.

However, the cheapest Crystal Sky in the UK I have found is £529 at :-

DJI CrystalSky 7.85 High-Brightness Monitor (Not Ultra Bright)

Last edited:
Well, two days ago I ordered from them.They are in America so the UK number only gets answered at the UK times.

Quote :-

CONTACT US
We are available to assist you Monday - Thursday 1 PM - 10 PM, Friday 1 PM-7 PM , Sunday 1 PM - 10 PM BST. Closed Sat & Sun
Call 01925 596 299 or email us at [email protected]

An agent rang my UK home number to enquire if I wanted a mounting bracket with the CS. Cant fault the customer service so far.

They acknowledged my payment via credit card, and have sent me an international tracking number with a Parcel Force delivery in 7 - 10 days.

Seems promising so far and I will keep you posted.

Last edited:
The Crystal Sky has arrived - in the UK. I am now awaiting a letter from Parcel Force to advise me of the customs duty I have to pay.

I read on the internet before ordering that says that Discount SLR pay the customs duty. It appears this is not the case but see the update below.

Last edited:
Update :- 12 Mar 18

Customs duty is £31.60. That's a nice surprise. The total comes to £560 which IS the cheapest in the UK.

Lets hope I receive what I am expecting.

Last edited:
Package received - and the Crystal Sky DOES display a bright screen which is easily visible in bright sunlight which is the main point. My next task is to buy a non-reflective screen film.

I have saved money by going to Discount SLR but only £9 odd. See :-

DJI CrystalSky 7.85" High-Brightness Monitor CP.BX.000223 | Drones Direct which is the same price at Jessops at the time of writing.

Total spent

£529 Crystal Sky
£31.60 Customs
£54 Crystal Sky mounting bracket

£614.60 Total

Here endeth the lesson.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member