Crooked Motors? Am I crazy? Probably....

Reaction score
Ok, this might be a totally dumb question, but are the rotors supposed to have a tilt to them?

I noticed after my last flight that it seems like the rotors have slightly different tilt angles to each one.

I am guessing this is normal as I have no cracking, the rotors are tight and the arms aren't warped. I am probably just now noticing something that is normal.

I am guessing they have a tilt to give it a slight outward down force.

Here are some pictures

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445308239.000687.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445308255.421235.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445308264.567957.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445308272.169114.jpg

Yep. Designed that way :)
Dumb question? Nah.

Reduces or eliminates vortices from developing and causing the Phantom to drop in it's own prop wash they say

It's a good thing.

Reactions: kontek
Yup, that's as intended. It's actually a feature of the P3. Increases yaw response or some such.

I think it makes my P3 look curious, you know like your dog when you toot a dog whistle. I think it is wondering what stick you are going to push on the controls next. lol

My border collie - KT, is mad about my drones. Although she has never actually touched one, she runs around wildly barking whenever a bird is up. Even if I leave her in the van, she makes a lot of noise.
That's another reason why I always hand-catch them.
Since I fly at the beach here regularly, they double as dog exercisers. She can hear and see them before I can usually, if I am coming back FPV from a long mission - 5-6km is common for me, even with the v2+. She doesn't run that far - she will only go about 500m away, then waits for it to come back. Several times, I have had to make a detour to ensure that she comes back with it if I have returned from a different direction & she doesn't see/hear it.

Walking the dog, with a drone.
If your dog likes your drone so much, perhaps get him/her its own. ;-)

The next time your dog needs to go for a walk, forget doing it yourself or hiring a dog-walker — just get a drone to do it.

One New York City-based videographer used a drone to walk his golden retriever, and the video of the whole thing is complete with a chill music background and playful shots of the pup. The dog seems unfazed by his robot master and generally happy to be outside.

Jeff Myers, the owner of the dog and the drone, used an AR done to walk the dog, according to PSFK. The drone appears to both monitor where the dog is walking, as well as checking in on the dog to make sure it’s okay.

Someone call Marty McFly and Doc Brown because this is definitely the future.

Check out the video below:

RedHotPoker

Walking the dog, with a drone.
If your dog likes your drone so much, perhaps get him/her its own. ;-)

The next time your dog needs to go for a walk, forget doing it yourself or hiring a dog-walker — just get a drone to do it.

One New York City-based videographer used a drone to walk his golden retriever, and the video of the whole thing is complete with a chill music background and playful shots of the pup. The dog seems unfazed by his robot master and generally happy to be outside.

Jeff Myers, the owner of the dog and the drone, used an AR done to walk the dog, according to PSFK. The drone appears to both monitor where the dog is walking, as well as checking in on the dog to make sure it’s okay.

Someone call Marty McFly and Doc Brown because this is definitely the future.

Check out the video below:

RedHotPoker
Almost all of my videos have KT in them somewhere.
She is thoroughly fascinated. When I first got her [ and was still flying 1:1] I taught her to allow me to pick her up & put her into a plane, and to remove her with out any drama. That was great, although she never actually flew with me. Probably just as well, because she is fascinated by anything in the way of a prop - even the lawnmower. i may post a link

yup gave me a scare too!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT