Am I going craZy here? ***Resolved***

Reaction score
Ok I have seen posts before about soft images and what not but I really think either I am losing my mind or something is up with this camera.

Backstory, I crashed my advanced and destroyed the camera, so instead of buying an advanced camera, I got a pro camera. I flashed the AC with the pro firmware and all is good.

Ok Fast forward to today. I have been examining footage form the past 3 days. Images and areas seem "noisy" or "composed of Visible dots" I know, video is a bunch of dots (for the smart a$$ out there) but its way too low density and the pattern is far too large for a high resolution image. My advanced camera took way better video/still than this.

I am uploading a shot from the pro and the advanced here. You can see in the advanced the trees are very crisp form left to right and a full zoom you can see detail, including ripples on the lakes surface. On the pro image, and full zoom you get a very blotchy lake surface and everything is super super soft and out of focus. This also translates to the video (youtube link) Also watching the video pass by the trees they look almost like they are crawling on the screen (like the trees individual limbs are all moving like an ant hill.

I have tried this with and without an ND filter to get a full cinema effect. Nothing changes the appearance of fine details.

Everything is un-graded and raw form the camera. I KNOW I can sharpen in post, but thats not the point. the footage RAW should be equivalent.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(pro camera)

*****Resolved*****

Ok let me just vent and say what was wrong too. This was an advanced, and I added a pro camera. The day it arrived, I copied the pro firmware to the SD card, and then inserted it and did the upgrade (I thought it had at least) it was VERY fast, like 4 minutes fast. So I thought it was done. When starting DJI go, it showed as a professional so I thought nothing of it, all the settings in the go app showed the 4k etc. Now I have flown with my iPad and my iPhone 8 times since then. After charing up my batteries again and after posting this, I went back out. NOW all of a sudden, DJI GO says firmware for camera and AC are required. What??? I just did it 4 days ago. Well sure enough, there is a 11/29 update file. (my camera came on 11/28) so I did the update. It took almost 25 minutes. Just like it did when I first got it. This actually seemed normal. Well, as you can guess, the video coming out of this thing now... AMAZING, like holy crap amazing. I am still depressed over the picture quality though, but since I don't do stills during daylight the test will come tonight.

Overall I think the re-flash never actually happened and DJi go just assumed it was pro because of the camera. I am so happy now its working correctly.

Attachments

• advanced.jpg
    advanced.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 389
  • pro.jpg
    pro.jpg
    9.3 MB · Views: 457
Last edited:
PS... Yes I need to re-balance the props there is a little jello. Although I feel there is more to it than that, because they balance perfectly on the balancer so I am wondering if the motors are out of whack too.

In the video, most of the problem is the suns location in relation to the camera. It looks normal for a hazy day when you're turned basically into the sun like in the video.

yeah but its not a hazy day. Its clear as a bell out here. I even have the camera to my back on the way back (might have missed that part of the video when exporting) but all angles look like this. I have to ADD +3 Sharpen in FCPX to even get it to look good, whereas my advanced camera I had to scale it back some :( I am exporting a new video here to test on my TV again for side by side so I can see them against each other with the base. charpen, and advanced in the same frames. this is driving me crazy here.

Also look at the second image. The colors being washed out are no big deal that can be fixed but look how horrible that image looks. i just can't understand why its so bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.