Critically Low Voltage Aircraft Will Land.

Reaction score
I recently got a Dji Phantom 3 Standard For a start in the Drone world. I took it for a flight( battery fully charged) and it went well for about 30 seconds. Moved about 20 feet slightly above ground.
Not long into the flight I got the Critically Low Voltage Aircraft Will Land error.

Took the battery to charge and still same issue. Sometimes the Drone would actually tip over but I think it's just cause I was confused on how to use the controller and also a bit of stress that I bought a broken drone. NB: If I long press the battery for 5 seconds (method to check for cells that are ok) it shows 2 lights which understandingly means 2 cells that are ok. Should I get a set of New 4 cell healthy batteries or is my drone broken inside (I think it has been repaired before)

Sounds like bad cell. You can check them in the app to see if all have equal voltage. Can go bad if old or lack of use. Long storage kills them.

What was the voltage for each cell? You can see that in the battery check in your drone. For being on the safe side the voltage matters not the percentage.

Reactions: Royal Skies P
I recently got a Dji Phantom 3 Standard For a start in the Drone world. I took it for a flight( battery fully charged) and it went well for about 30 seconds. Moved about 20 feet slightly above ground.
Not long into the flight I got the Critically Low Voltage Aircraft Will Land error.

Took the battery to charge and still same issue. Sometimes the Drone would actually tip over but I think it's just cause I was confused on how to use the controller and also a bit of stress that I bought a broken drone. NB: If I long press the battery for 5 seconds (method to check for cells that are ok) it shows 2 lights which understandingly means 2 cells that are ok. Should I get a set of New 4 cell healthy batteries or is my drone broken inside (I think it has been repaired before)
The recorded flight data is the place to look to understand the battery performance.
You can view the flight data by going to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
The cell voltage is what you'd need to look at.

For help understanding what the data shows, come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

The recorded flight data is the place to look to understand the battery performance.
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.

For help understanding what the data shows, come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Alright thanks a lot let me do that and I'll come back to you thanks!

What was the voltage for each cell? You can see that in the battery check in your drone. For being on the safe side the voltage matters not the percentage.
The voltage dropes very much you can check the txt file if you can.

I have attached a file I hope it's in the correct format and is readable you can also use link if the file isn't working

You can skip the first parts I had a compass error and had to calibrate the Drone and it was now good but towards the end where I lift it up you can see the battery issues and it just landed. It didn't even go that high less than eye level and had to force land.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2022-07-24_[16-55-40]log.zip
    41.4 KB · Views: 126
I have attached a file I hope it's in the correct format and is readable you can also use link if the file isn't working
Your battery is just about dead and not safe for flying.
It's ability to accept and hold a charge is gone.
Look at the Phantomhelp report and you see that although the battery shows 4 volts per cell when the motors are just idling, as soon as you start to launch, the voltage immediately sinks to 3.5 volts and drops further as you fly.

Note the red numbers in the cell voltage columns.

At 1:37 with the drone just hovering, the voltage in all cells is at critically low levels.
With a good battery, you wouldn't see those numbers until >20 minutes after launching.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav