Crashed My P4P - 11/14/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that and I took a look. I agree with @sar104 's analysis. It seemed like you were still interested in getting the .DAT and I was just responding to that. The .DAT will often times be more informative but with this incident the .txt pretty much says it all.

I followed all the steps it says to get the DAT file. Don’t know what else to do. I have an IMac, iPhone 7 and Phantom 4 Pro. I plugged my phone into imac. Went through iTunes > File sharing > DJI Go 4 > Flight Records > saves to desktop > opened flight record and uploaded latest file which was on a .txt. Theres a folder in the flight records file named ‘MCDATFLIGHTRECORDS’ when opened this it has DAT files but won’t let me upload to the site provided. I get a “you may only upload DJI GO TXT flight logs. I will try uploading th DAT file but I don’t see where I should.

I saw that and I took a look. I agree with @sar104 's analysis. It seemed like you were still interested in getting the .DAT and I was just responding to that. The .DAT will often times be more informative but with this incident the .txt pretty much says it all.

Thank you for your analysis. Am I wasting my time sending it off to DJI? As mentioned in first post. I have the DJI Refresh will they honor it? Is this my fault, the aircrafts fault. Should I pay the $100 for replacement? Should I fight for them to cover all cost as the drone is only 2 months old.

They will cover it under the Refresh plan, I don't see anything that will cause them to replace for free but $100 extra is cheap to get your bird back imho. I have the refresh plan and needed it after an RTH with a bad RTH Altitude setting (dumb me) and they sent a brand new one (you may get a refurb or new and there is no way to know which until it shows up).

Thank you for your analysis. Am I wasting my time sending it off to DJI? As mentioned in first post. I have the DJI Refresh will they honor it? Is this my fault, the aircrafts fault. Should I pay the $100 for replacement? Should I fight for them to cover all cost as the drone is only 2 months old.

It was obviously unfortunate that it lost GPS but that's just a function of sky view and constellation position at that time - it wasn't an aircraft fault. A recommendation in future would be to keep a closer eye on the GPS status and number of satellites locked so that you can take appropriate action before it switches to ATTI.

I uploaded the file to dropbox.
Here is the link.
Dropbox - 2017-11-14_09-20-02_FLY059.DAT
I'm perplexed. As I said the .txt tells you everything you need to know about this incident. Yet, you seemed determined to retrieve the .DAT but won't follow the instructions that both @F3honda4me and I have given you. Specifically, the .DAT you've presented is from the tablet and not the AC. And, it's not from the flight in question. Am I on candid camera?

@sar104 's is correct. There is no need to look the .DAT.

I'm perplexed. As I said the .txt tells you everything you need to know about this incident. Yet, you seemed determined to retrieve the .DAT but won't follow the instructions that both @F3honda4me and I have given you. Specifically, the .DAT you've presented is from the tablet and not the AC. And, it's not from the flight in question. Am I on candid camera?

He sent the craft in already so he can't get the DAT from the craft. :(

I have the bird still and there is no reason to be rude. I'm simply following your guys instructions and the links with instructions. I gave you the .txt file and I understand thats all the information needed. You were the one that was saying the .DAT files were not valid as if I should try uploading valid ones. I'm simply going by what the people who care to read my files want to see. You really don't have to be rude and just glance at the flight log .txt file I have posted. Thanks for your opinion and agreement that the GPS lost signal.

I simply am only asking what do you think DJI will do with my case before I send it off and the only person to give an honest opinionated response was @HighTechPauper. Everybody is ignoring that question and still consistently on topic of the .TXT and .Dat argument lol

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I have the bird still and there is no reason to be rude. I'm simply following your guys instructions and the links with instructions. I gave you the .txt file and I understand thats all the information needed. You were the one that was saying the .DAT files were not valid as if I should try uploading valid ones. I'm simply going by what the people who care to read my files want to see. You really don't have to be rude and just glance at the flight log .txt file I have posted. Thanks for your opinion and agreement that the GPS lost signal.

I simply am only asking what do you think DJI will do with my case before I send it off and the only person to give an honest opinionated response was @HighTechPauper. Everybody is ignoring that question and still consistently on topic of the .TXT and .Dat argument lol

For what it's worth I gave you my assessment in post #27.

I agree that people can be a bit snarky with those not as experienced as them who are fumbling through something new and unfamiliar. @DirectorDrew, please try to forgive them, they really do just want to help and I let snark slide off like water off a duck's back.

Before anybody bashes me

You made a poorly judged/planned flight in a built up area, ran out of talent and ability before crashing your drone into a building - what are you expecting? a well done badge? :D :D

Make your claim, pay the money, get a new drone, chalk it up to experience and maybe next time, don't fly your drone right outside people's windows and balconies!

Reactions: MapMaker53
So it finally happened. Crashed my P4P. I owned a P3P since launch so I been flying about 2 years.

Let me note I did purchase the DJI Refresh Care Protection Plan.

Now my question for anybody reading this and actually care to watch the video, I posted the dropbox link.
I was flying straight, very slow motion in Tripod mode. I was getting shots of buildings for my church. I was flying through tighter spots than this and no problem. This was literally the last shot and right as I finished the P4P suddenly shoots forward (which is odd in Tripod Mode as it moves way slower than this). Then, it spirals and video cuts out before it even hits the building. Retrieved the Aircraft. Setting up a repair form now.

Do you think this would be labels at exclusions #3 "damages from unsuitable environments"? I had direct line of sight of the aircraft and was no further than 200 ft away. It was also about 150 ft high. The aircraft lost control on its own. As you can see from the video, the video cuts off before the aircraft even hit the building. This was definitely an error in the aircraft not me. The footage I uploaded on dropbox is the raw footage unedited. Thats all I have. I was kinda hoping I would have footage of the actual impact and fall as I seen from other videos. But, the fact that it cuts off before impact makes me even more sure that this was a malfunction on the aircraft.

What are your thoughts, Do you think they will replace the unit. Should I have to pay the $100 replacement fee for the first unit? or is this an issue on their end which should be covered by them at no cost for me?

Before anybody bashes me, I have seen plenty of videos of people flying by buildings with no problems, I have also flown by plenty of buildings with no issues. I was flying in even tighter situations than the incident earlier in the day. I definitely lost confidence and I will no longer ever fly by any building or anybody for that matter incase this were to happen again.

Dropbox - DJI_0012.MOV
There is a definite glitch going on that would have had me bringing it home. That notchy jolt seen several times is not a good thing as I have certainly never seen it. I don't know where you fly, but in Canada the flight being executed would not be legal. Not bashing, merely a pragmatic observation. Something sure went wrong with your P4P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic