Crashed in a city

I just want to delete this thread pleasee.. Im not getting anything out of this forum but blames. Good luck to u all n god bless
Hi bro sorry to hear of your crash. A word of advice though. Never ever fly in such a place again. There is just too much interference. There is metal in the ground, in the walls of the buildings, electrical wiring etc, all the things that can screw up your drone's compass. And there is always a very high chance of your drone failing and hitting someone below.

What some people said here might seem mean, but it is true that you should not have flown there in the first place. I don't even dare to fly at where you took of from.

The risks are just too high.

You can always fly another day or some other place. But once you take the risk and fly, and something happens, you will regret it.

Ian - would you advise flying atti mode when around any building? I'm starting to do roof surveys, sometimes in between chimney stacks.

GPS is fine. Just try to avoid being so close to buildings that you obscure a significant portion of the sky. You should be ready to switch to ATTI if you see unusual movement or a significant drop in satellites.

Reactions: Man.Of.Kent
I wont rehash all of the comments on what you should have done. I think that is abundantly clear at this point. I am curious about one thing however. At about the :08 or :09 point of your video, there is a guy walking by with a plastic bag. It looks like from the video that you launch just as that guy was at his closest to your Phantom. Very close in fact. Aside from that being very ill advised, did that guy stop to give you any feedback?

That's the main point I wanted to bring up.... anyone who would launch this thing that close to somebody who is just walking by clearly has no idea how these things can hurt someone. That guy must have been 2 feet away... practically right on top of the thing when it first left he ground. From that evidence alone, I doubt this person is able to comprehend other flight requirements... basic needs of an aircraft to maintain flight.

If I had been that guy with the bag... I wouldn't have been laughing my butt off at the operator for crashing.

Reactions: brianb87
Ignorance is Bliss!

I've had similar issues with compass errors when flying around skyscraper where the P3P just randomly drifts and it's very difficult to control to avoid crashing. Luckily for me I was within 130-150 ft high so the distance to decend wasn't horrible. Almost got a heart attack though

@ranges,
Let me launch yours, where I wish? ;-)
Be helpful or be off, with you. Hahaha

Yes, we love to be our own bosses, but at what cost, kind Sir?
Common sense should prevail. So, does it?

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Andron
Yeah... Good luck with that one. In between buildings, you're asking for trouble.

It's the launching with people walking by that is of concern here. I'm happy that this particular quad met its death... sorry OP. It was only a matter of time before he sliced someone's hand on the way up. Once they are in the air they are relatively easy to maintain... just like any other instrument, the take off and landing are the key areas of concern. Taking off... anything can happen.. .that's generally when you find out when something doesn't work... and the landing, well, it's just a controlled crash... just like any other magically lighter than air device.

Considering that it crashed into a building... and not a person... and it can now not actually hurt anyone, which was going to happen eventually if that's how his takeoffs are... well, it's a win-win for everyone. And DJI is 1300$ richer to boot!

It's the launching with people walking by that is of concern here. I'm happy that this particular quad met its death... sorry OP. It was only a matter of time before he sliced someone's hand on the way up. Once they are in the air they are relatively easy to maintain... just like any other instrument, the take off and landing are the key areas of concern. Taking off... anything can happen.. .that's generally when you find out when something doesn't work... and the landing, well, it's just a controlled crash... just like any other magically lighter than air device.

Considering that it crashed into a building... and not a person... and it can now not actually hurt anyone, which was going to happen eventually if that's how his takeoffs are... well, it's a win-win for everyone. And DJI is 1300$ richer to boot!

You've said this twice now. Enough. OP lost his Phantom. No one was hurt. You don't need to add insult to injury.

Reactions: Gary E and Ti22
You've said this twice now. Enough. OP lost his Phantom. No one was hurt. You don't need to add insult to injury.

OK. I'm sorry, I won't bring up his taking off in such close proximity to people again, unless it's in response to a reply.

Im so sorry i have made a mistake of thinking it was totally fine flying this drone in the city as i was over confident that it could do anything.. As i said it flew over 2km over hk harbour!! I was just so proud that i had to show it to my frneds.. But luck wasnt on my side that day. I seriously fly it on the rooftop with no problems though crossing other buildings n cranes n such.. Just rilly my bad luck that day tsktsk.. But thanks for the info about the interference n signals.. I thought the drone would be stable .. But it did fly by itself .. I will update u guys on what dji will do so in case this happens to other ppl hopefully not in the city side, u guys will know what the outcome will b on the drone. Actually the drone has taken a good beat.. I can still put a new batt n power on still connects to app n camera still works.. Gimbal ******.. N lens shattered .. But i get esc on motor start up.

There's no need to apologize. Ignore the ignorant comments.

Reactions: Ti22
I just want to delete this thread pleasee.. Im not getting anything out of this forum but blames. Good luck to u all n god bless

The people who are answering this thread are very knowledgeable people. Rather than playing te entitled little manchild, perhaps you should accept responsibility for your crash due to pilot error.

OP you received your answer to what happened.
In other threads and this one when people crash I say thanks for Manning up.

As colourful as the thread turned your first post will be a warning to other's. Take some pride in that.

Sorry it was the hard lesson that played out for you.
Tim

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Launch where you wish. Its your P3.

This entitled attitude is dangerous. You wouldn't say, "Shoot where you want. It's your shotgun."

It's your drone. Fly it responsibly.

Common problem with social media, lots of virtual experts and tough guys. The guy made a mistake and vented a bit. There is really no need to kick him when he is down. I'm just glad no one was injured.

Time to get it repaired or buy a new one and move on. This does serve as a good example to all that flying in dense city's may not be for the best.
Thank you for a reasonable response. To bad others here couldn't be as understanding.

My crash was identical, except I was not in the city. Mine was in front of my house in the middle of the street. I have flown this location numerous times. It flew itself into a palm tree. I feel for you Aaron. Forget all the haters in this forum. My Pro was just fine until update. Since update I have had three unexplainable crashes. Bought a new P3P. Reluctantly updated but absolutely will not switch up F mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic