Crashed in a city

Im sorry to say but 80 percent of my flights were on buildings.. N never had a problem.. So i was wondering why now , wt went wrong this time. I thought i might get help here
Hi Aaron

Here is the issue. If you flying arround High rise Building (HRS), you will some times got a signal distrubance because the remote DJI use is base in 2.4 Ghz. And in arround HRS there are so many 2.4 Ghz signal that could distrub your connection.
Secondly you should try to fly in attimode so you can fly it even if the bird lost the GPS signal. As I see on your comment it should lost the gps signal or get a compass error and that make your bird fly in atti mode.
Basically don't panic if your bird make a drift fly(as you can see the bird), just counter it by pushing the stic on your controller

The title of the post told me enough even before I read what happened or saw the video....

Wow! Pretty harsh guys? The poor guy crashed his P3 - Yes it was obviously his fault for flying where he was but... Where is the compassion ? He was just asking for help understanding what happened. Sorry Aaron for your crash - live and learn - lucky no one was hurt - hope you can get it repaired.
I don't see him asking for help to understand what happened. What happened is that he flew it in a place with the potential for tremendous interference while endangering people and property. And then he wants to blame DJI?

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
Some people are rather mean on here.
But learn something from it.
Hong Kong is one of my favourite places on Earth but I would NEVER fly any drone in amongst skyscrapers like that!
Go out over the bay or fly from Victoria Point by all means - but not down the canyons!
I agree that some people can be mean on this forum, but in this case people are just pointing out what should have been obvious to the OP. Instead they chose to try to show off in front of a group of people possibly endangering them. This time the harsh criticism is well deserved and hopefully they have learned their lesson.

Common problem with social media, lots of virtual experts and tough guys. The guy made a mistake and vented a bit. There is really no need to kick him when he is down. I'm just glad no one was injured.

Time to get it repaired or buy a new one and move on. This does serve as a good example to all that flying in dense city's may not be for the best.

Yesterday I took off from a wooden foot bridge. Once I got it into the air over the stream the aircraft started to behave erratically almost falling into the water and crashing into the trees and I received a compass error. I threw it into ATTI mode and coaxed it back to the bridge.

After narrowly escaping disaster. I checked the bridge and found that it was built over two steel I-beams. It was a stupid error that should have been avoided. I should have known better and checked more thoroughly before. Thankfully I have some experience practicing with the very difficult to control Hubsan X4. I am not going to blame DJI for my stupidity.

Im so sorry i have made a mistake of thinking it was totally fine flying this drone in the city as i was over confident that it could do anything.. As i said it flew over 2km over hk harbour!! I was just so proud that i had to show it to my frneds.. But luck wasnt on my side that day. I seriously fly it on the rooftop with no problems though crossing other buildings n cranes n such.. Just rilly my bad luck that day tsktsk.. But thanks for the info about the interference n signals.. I thought the drone would be stable .. But it did fly by itself .. I will update u guys on what dji will do so in case this happens to other ppl hopefully not in the city side, u guys will know what the outcome will b on the drone. Actually the drone has taken a good beat.. I can still put a new batt n power on still connects to app n camera still works.. Gimbal damaged [expletive edited].. N lens shattered .. But i get esc on motor start up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GoodnNuff
Common problem with social media, lots of virtual experts and tough guys. The guy made a mistake and vented a bit. There is really no need to kick him when he is down. I'm just glad no one was injured.

Time to get it repaired or buy a new one and move on. This does serve as a good example to all that flying in dense city's may not be for the best.
I am normally pretty tolerant on these forums of people's mistakes and just keep my mouth shut. Maybe this person is just the straw that broke the camel's back for me because I am so tired of hearing about avoidable incidents multiple times every day on these forums. Yes, they made a mistake, but it's not like they burned a batch of cookies. These "mistakes" can put people at risk and there are too many who just flagrantly do not weigh those risks adequatley when they go out to fly. Since these things are so easy to fly it creates a false sense of security. This is a safety first endeavor which often gets brushed aside by those who just pull it out of the box and go for it. This was a blatant case of doing so many things wrong without regard to safety or the potential disastrous consequences.

So I will be happily lumped in with the virtual expert and tough guy crowd this time if you want.

That's why you should act responsibly & stop calling P3 a toy (in the last few posts I have come across you)

The responsibility is yours too!

Just saying..

Demanding I [or anyone] change parlance is a fools errand.

77 flights... Compass calibrated becoz new location.. Imu calibrated aftr firmware update.. Gps got weak signal aftr watching the flight rec... Went p opt n p atti mode simultaneos before crashing.

Bad times - luckily nobody was injured or property damaged.. so it was a lesson learned at your expense only.

Ignore the haters.. Listen to the wise.... & read, read, read, learn, learn, learn about how to get your P3 up in the air safely

Maybe go back to where you had the other 76 successful flights - the sky is the limit

Best wishes to you Aaron

I agree calling it a toy really belittles its capabilities and the damage it could do.
It really is about time people stopped thinking of it as a toy!
It is a very capable small unmanned aircraft. It's capabilities never cease to amaze me. And I have flown RC for many years and also have about 200 hours flying full size aircraft.
To see it sitting there in gusting 30mph winds and giving stable images STILL give me the wow factor. Turn GPS off in those conditions - that is what RC pilots of old had to put up with lol.

Reactions: Gary E and Tanariel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers