Crash with damage--Help

Reaction score
I was flying the P3P this afternoon when suddenly it made a popping noise and fell like a rock from about 20'. When I got to it the battery was about half way out and there is body damage to the drone. I was looking at the RC at that time.

Once before I had a battery come out while RTH after low battery warning. That time I saw the battery pop out. The Craft fell about 8 ft into a nice bush with no damage.

I think I may can repair it if I could find out what kind and size of wrench it takes to get the top section off. If needed where could I send it for repairs?
I will try to attach some pictures
1205171906.jpg
1205171907.jpg
1205171907a.jpg
1205171921.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of 'hidden' tabs on the shell as well.

Hutch it was probably best described as a POW! I was 30/40 feet away, it was in the air and I'm hard of hearing!

B Brad I would really prefer to repair it if possible. Were could I send it?

Mark, Thanks for the tip.

I appreciate all your replies.

If the equipment and the $$$ hold up maybe some day I can shed the Crasher label.

Thxs
Crasher

I removed the top shell today and here is the damage report.

There was one internal tab shoulder gone that was the center tab at the battery.
2 of the screw inserts around the motors were broken out on 2 adjacent arms. But I'm not sure that was crash related as a couple more away from the damaged sites were cracked.

There will most likely be a couple of permanent dents that should cause no problem.
On each side of the battery there is screw through some ears ? One of those were was gone.

The worst damage was the flat 8 wire cable was crimped and skinned. I am now trying to find a replacement but the ones I see pictures of show multiple hookups but this one appears to be a single flat cable with connectors on each end. Can someone verify this for me.

thxs
Crasher

I

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your crash.
From those pictures, that shell is never going to snap back together properly.
This has happened to me and I replaced the entire shell and just transferred everything to the new shell. I was not that difficult just took a couple of hours.
Replacing flat cable should not be an issue, those parts are available everywhere.
Best of luck getting everything back together.

Mark here are the photos of the cable I need. On the motherboard side you can see where the cable is crimped and skinned.
The other shot is where it is "stuffed" into the Gimble area. I was going to order the DJI Part# 42 from Amazon it is supposed to be a complete wiring kit for the P3P including the one I need.

It looks as though it will be a "booger" to replace. Any tips.
thxs
Crasher
1207170932.jpg

Attachments

• 1207170931.jpg
    1207170931.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 244
But what about the wire itself?

I once had a skinned gimbal cable which showed exposed wire, but the wire seemed intact and undamaged, so I brushed some liquid electrical tape on it and it worked fine and is still working fine.

But the second photo - I can't see the wire - it looks like it's gone. Is the wire severed? There has to be a way to replace that cable. If necessary, I would try to replace that cable myself if it was me. I've never done it on the P3P but it must be do-able.

If the banged up top shell doesn't fit correctly, you can get a new one of those but you'll probably have to buy the whole shell. I think they're like $69? The GPS module and tacky shielding in the lid is not that difficult to remove and replace.

Good luck.

I have ordered the repair parts. Complete shell and the P3P cable kit and to be sure I don't loose one of the small screws a screw package.

I also found I need the red-white to Green light. Does anyone have a one from a wreck they would sell ?

thxs
Crasher

More problems! I was disassembling the drone to replace the cracked shells and when I tried to unplug the connector with the 3 wires yellow red, black next to the the flat 8 wire cable( both are visible in the thumbnail photo) the entire connector came off the board. I was being very gentle and actually handling the disconnecting with tweezers. Any idea where I might get this repaired?
thxs
crasher

I am still under warranty but was told by someone at DJI support the would not repair it because the shell was opened.

How else would I have found the problem?

Is there another route you know o to get this repaired?

thxs
Crasher

Just buy a new body and cable kit your fixed. Repairs are easy just takes time and focus on your end

Mark, Good Point!!

Bad Brad, That's the way I'm headed now.

Thxs for replying.
Crasher

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31