Crash in the water, not flying straight.

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm mostly filming wakeboard with my drone and then taking from the boat
Few weeks back I had a crash in the water, since them when i'm flying straight the drone keep going on the right.
I requalibrated everything but always the same.
I was once driving behind the boat and you can clearly see the "balance" from the drone he is not flat even he is just going straight. like a qualibration issue.

Could it be a motor issue? or compass or whatever? What would you advise to check/change

here is a video I shot after the crash you can't really see the issue but it's mostly to share :)
If needed i can post a video with the issue

Reactions: Waylander
Nice video. Needs some color grading....

But - you crashed into water and .... did you just dry it out an fly? Replace something?

You 'recalibrated' - IMU calibration? Gimbal calibration?

Yes, i did dry it in rice almost one week. i didn't replaced anything at the moment, I did an IMU calibration, and gimbal as well. The gimbal is fine, but when it's flying you can clearly see that the drone is not "flat" while going foreward. However, hovering it's ok

So, the drone itself is slightly canted to one side when sitting still, tends to yaw to the right when going forward?

sitting still he is perfectly flat! But when going foreward it's indeed canted to one side and go right

Wasn't that hard actually, at the takeoff had a compass issue (took off close from the motor of the boat that's why) then as expected without the compass it was hard to get it back, so i tried to catch it failed, and then he went to the water, i jump straight away, pulled batterie out. It was like less than 10 seconds in the water. You can I be sure it comes from those sensors?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

There could be an obstruction in one of the motors.
Some sand or grit or if it was salt water and you did not rinse the quad with fresh water perhaps some corrosion has started.Some of the materials the motors are made from corrode very quickly/easily.
Turn the motors by hand and feel for any stiffness compared to the other motors and listen for any grinding.

Another thing could be ESC damage.One ESC could be delivering less power to one motor.
I have had aircraft make contact with salt water twice and ESC's needed to be replaced both times.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl