Crash damage. Black wire

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently crashed my phantom 3 and broke the gimbal plate. The problem is that the black wire from the gimbal to the craft has separated from inside the craft and appears to have pulled out from a connector inside. The drone flies, but is a little unstable. I have the replacement plate and new shock balls to put on but I’m stuck on this wire because I don't know what it’s for or where to reconnect it. I'm sure there’s a connector somewhere that this wire pulled out of.
I’m trying to avoid dismantalling the entire plane and pulling the board. That’s really pushing my expertise. What would be the least invasive way or the only way to fix this mystery wire?
Rich

Take the battery out. Put the drone over your head. Shake it till you see a white disk moving around about 1 to 11/2 inch in diameter looking through the battery opening. It will not be in the battery chamber. It will be behind the wall of the battery chamber looking through the vents. If you see it, just get some glue and stick it to the side of the wall. That's where it originally was.

Take the battery out. Put the drone over your head. Shake it till you see a white disk moving around about 1 to 11/2 inch in diameter looking through the battery opening. It will not be in the battery chamber. It will be behind the wall of the battery chamber looking through the vents. If you see it, just get some glue and stick it to the side of the wall. That's where it originally was.

RichOC.
That black wire comes from one of the flat antennas inside the drone. Just checked mine and it comes off the antenna on the right side when looking through the battery bay. I’m thinking you will have to buy a new antenna, take the drone apart and replace the antenna. I don’t think there is a way to reattach that wire to the antenna. Hope this helps and good luck with the repair.

Reactions: RonBarron
I tape mine on out side with doubleback tape in the same place outside. cut slots to let air thru to the air vents . Flew that way for a year.Set lots of new range records, my longest 6089 ft.Finally the hairline cracks destroyed the shell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers