Crash Avoidance

Reaction score
I have a new P4P v2 and one nagging question I have had for years but never found an answer concerns accidentally stopping the motors during flight. Here it is: If I lower altitude by bringing the left stick all the way down, will it kill the motors and cause a crash? On the ground, it does stop the motors but it seems ridiculous to have that happen in the air. If I need to lower altitude quickly, the natural tendency is to pull the left stick all the way down but, on the ground, the motors stop turning even before the stick hits bottom. I have my P4P set to stop motors in an emergency by lowering the left stick all the way to the inside and pushing the RTH button at the same time. Not going to test it. But I would like to have confidence that, if I hit bottom on the left stick in flight, that the motors would not stop turning. If they did, that seems like a serious and dangerous design flaw but no way to test it without risking a $2,000 crash. Any input is appreciated.

I have a new P4P v2 and one nagging question I have had for years but never found an answer concerns accidentally stopping the motors during flight. Here it is: If I lower altitude by bringing the left stick all the way down, will it kill the motors and cause a crash? On the ground, it does stop the motors but it seems ridiculous to have that happen in the air. If I need to lower altitude quickly, the natural tendency is to pull the left stick all the way down but, on the ground, the motors stop turning even before the stick hits bottom. I have my P4P set to stop motors in an emergency by lowering the left stick all the way to the inside and pushing the RTH button at the same time. Not going to test it. But I would like to have confidence that, if I hit bottom on the left stick in flight, that the motors would not stop turning. If they did, that seems like a serious and dangerous design flaw but no way to test it without risking a $2,000 crash. Any input is appreciated.

Phantom 4 has been around for awhile now and have always had that feature if it was a design flaw we all would know it. You have the option of turning that off so you dont engage it my means of panic.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Phantom 4 has been around for awhile now and have always had that feature if it was a design flaw we all would know it. You have the option of turning that off so you dont engage it my means of panic.

Phantomrain.org
Coal
Many thanks. I wasn't concerned about doing anything in panic but just wondered what would happen if I was decreasing altitude and the left stick hit bottom. On the ground it stops the motors. So a P4P v2 would know it's not on the ground somehow and would not allow the motors to stop? Where is the setting to turn off the ability to stop the motors accidentally in the air?

Left stick will not kill the motors till your bird is on the ground. It knows it’s down and can’t go any further. To kill it in the air requires two separate moves. I have never shut mine off.

Early remotes had a lock mechanism on the left stick down.It would stay down by itself until the bird was on the ground then shut the motors off. You had to move it off of that position to stop the downward movement.

Reactions: dirkclod
You can shot down the motors during the flight only if you push the RTH button while pressing the left stick all the way down. You would hardly do that accidentally.

Reactions: SkyFly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav