Crash and bent arm/motor mount

Reaction score
Apparently I didn't get the nuts on tight enough when putting on the graphite props and my Phantom fell out of sky, rather harshly, after the nut and prop left the bird. It happened to hit on that arm/motor and it is slightly bent up, which makes it so a propeller will not turn without hitting the arm. How do I go about straightening this situation?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hgpayne/10112879864/lightbox/

I did the same thing to my shell back in feb, others have experienced the same thing - it seems the Phantom arms are weakest at that point.

Plan on buying a replacement shell. for about $55.

you might be able to bend it back by carefully applying heat from a heat gun, but be careful.

I tried using heat on mine made a big mess, but managed to get it airborne again,. temporarily (it was sitll bent a bit) until a new shell arrived.

Thanks for the tip. I've ordered a new shell. Surprisingly I'm finding it hard to order a new prop nut. Can't I just find one at the local hardware store? It may be someone difficult because it is the left-handed threaded one (CCW), but I would think they exist "in the wild", right?

If not, can you suggest where to shop? I looked on Amazon as was underwhelmed by the choices.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20