Cracked shell poll numbers.

That's fine and they will repair , but a lot of people bought from Dji direct from China so no consumer protection, even visa are not interested as the goods were delivered, etc,, so you appear to be alright doesn't apply across the board

That is a good point. I paid a bit extra buying from a known high street shop which gives great peace of mind.
I think worse case is to send it back to DJI or repair or change the shell.

I am just under 100 flights and I have 2 cracks. But, I disassembled and painted mine. I expect I added a little too much torque to those 2 screws when reassembling. I will not waste my time by sending it in and will repair it myself when I have the chance.

Reactions: Bigdz
In asking who suffers cracks ...perhaps the poll maybe should have a number of options to describe how they fly ...ie the cloudchasers are likely to be more throttle than somebody doing poi around 100 houses for an estate agent. It may how the phantoms are flown that creates the stresses that generate the cracks. Either that or there are production errors on making the body sections.

I am a newbie, but some of the guys who have been using phantoms for years must have knowledge about such issues in previous versions, also may have used quads with similar motor housings...how did their fare?

Whichever way you look at it, the shell should be capable of handling all loads experienced on it within DJIs controlled flight parameters. If you fix a shell yourself then it fails and lands on someone/something guess what - it's now your fault for not returning/repairing it via DJI. As for the purpose of this topic repeating, it's clearly to get DJIs attention so they can redesign the shell so it's fit for purpose and just for the record I came to these forums to learn about this amazing piece of kit, not to spend time talking about a design flaw! DJI - please get this sorted!!!

Got my P3P late August, 18 flights, no crashes, found two cracks tonight in the rear screw holes closet too the battery compartment. I have had my unit on WOT multiple times, however this was never a sharp change that would generate high stress. Smooth throttle changes as that produces better video transitions.

Anyway, no way I am flying again until it is repaired. Currently weighing up the pros/cons of sending it in for repair Vs replacing the shell myself.

I contacted DJI, to ask a bit about this matter, i did this multiple times on multiple days.
They seem to always respond evasive, the last person on chat support told me, we cannot tell you anything about this matter! it is forbidden for us? Wtf? other chat support employees just tell me "stress cracks are always covered within warranty". I hate having to check for cracks each time my P3PRO cost alot of money, and i want to be sure that this not happens to me.

We should all ask DJI about this to force give a explination or statement.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl