Couple claim drone is used for stalking them

What's it going to take to stop ignorant people from believing quads are even capable of spying on them?
And it's usually people that are flattering themselves by thinking anyone would want to spy on them.
And what's it going to take to get ignorant journalists to stop encouraging these people by running their non-stories and giving them credibility so more ignorant people think drones are all about spying?

Reactions: Jussaguy
Meta4 said:
What's it going to take to stop ignorant people from believing quads are even capable of spying on them?
And it's usually people that are flattering themselves by thinking anyone would want to spy on them.
And what's it going to take to get ignorant journalists to stop encouraging these people by running their non-stories and giving them credibility so more ignorant people think drones are all about spying?
+1 ridiculous article! Sounds like a couple of old farts with way to much time on their hands looking to cause trouble to add some excitement to their mondain life . At least the positive side of the article was accurate regarding the fact that the neighbor flying his UAV was not illegal.

Like the reporter said the drone hasn't be photographed because is moving too fast, THEN it is not being used for stalking or spying. Did you notice their big telescope not aiming to the sky. I think the stalkers are them. :D

Ok, but let me play devil's advocate here...I did not see any blinds or curtains on any of the windows in the shots the reporters used in the segment. At night those rooms, with lights on, become a stage. Is it feasible that some knucklehead is flying their drone close enough to peer inside with an unobstructed view? Yes, I believe it is. Is her used-up old *** worth watching in the living room as she watches Dancing with the Stars? Not for a minute.

Be a good neighbor. Be courteous. If this lady is that upset, would it take much to fly at 150 feet or so? She probably wouldn't even here or notice the quad if the operator did. How about keeping it out of back yard? Its really just courtesy.

I'm lucky. I live in a pretty big neighborhood. There was one neighbor that had a fit about the quad. I showed him it, along with a video from 150 feet. That calmed him down a lot, but he requested I didn't fly over his backyard since he has small kids.

Did I fight with him about MY rights, or have a debate on the fine legal points involved? Nope. Now I just fly around his property and stay above 150 in the my hood. Pick your battles.

If this guy isn't regularly buzzing her house at low levels or loitering in a hover, he could have defended himself. He chose not to, which is his right. A little courtesy may have gone a long way.

DrJoe said:
Be a good neighbor. Be courteous. If this lady is that upset, would it take much to fly at 150 feet or so? She probably wouldn't even here or notice the quad if the operator did. How about keeping it out of back yard? Its really just courtesy.

I'm lucky. I live in a pretty big neighborhood. There was one neighbor that had a fit about the quad. I showed him it, along with a video from 150 feet. That calmed him down a lot, but he requested I didn't fly over his backyard since he has small kids.

Did I fight with him about MY rights, or have a debate on the fine legal points involved? Nope. Now I just fly around his property and stay above 150 in the my hood. Pick your battles.

If this guy isn't regularly buzzing her house at low levels or loitering in a hover, he could have defended himself. He chose not to, which is his right. A little courtesy may have gone a long way.
Hey DrJoe you are a nice guy. And yes perhaps some diplomacy on the part of the pilot might not have let things get so out of hand. But since the pilot was not interviewed we do not know if indeed he has tried diplomacy. And really, this was obviously an old couple(perhaps a little senile, perhaps not) being exposed to way too many negative TV news and newspaper articles that have developed to put fear in them of these gadgets. Apparently this problem has been going on from March thru December for them(way to long and too time consuming to waste that much time on it IMHO), but it never said whether or not the actual neighbor pilot was even aware of their complaints, but if he was, then at least a little discretion to not fly near their house is in order. Perhaps he has already done that, we will never know from this article. But bottom line, another one-sided news article putting our hobby in a bad light.

Looking at the Google Maps image of their area, I have to say that I think the guy with the quad is exercising some poor judgment in flying locations. Lots of high trees and a densely packed neighborhood. It wold not be my first chpice of places to fly.

And to piggy-back on Knudson7, the report did not even attempt to interview the pilot, who they apparently had the address for. Even if they showed them getting the door slammed in their face it would show some due diligence to be fair. One-sided report!

:lol: :lol:
Real simple take a pic. If it's going that fast it's not looking in the window love how only the accuser made the news & paper now I'm going to write stuff down even tho I have know proof .they could have went and talked to the neighbors see what they had to say .
That dog better have a license & the old man better quit peeping on people with that telescope perv. :roll:

After checking the comments left on that newspapers column, it does appear to be a neighbor spat going on there. Here is the complainants reply to other comments left on that newspaper condemning the report:

Barb Pintler · Federal Way, Washington
Check out my Face book page to see the injuries I got when his girlfriend pushed my off their porch. Now you may understand our concern with this NUT JOB I still have pain from this assault.

sdtrojan said:
And to piggy-back on Knudson7, the report did not even attempt to interview the pilot, who they apparently had the address for. Even if they showed them getting the door slammed in their face it would show some due diligence to be fair. One-sided report!

Another report I saw said they did try to contact the pilot but he did not answer his phone of come to the door.

SilentAV8R said:
sdtrojan said:

Another report I saw said they did try to contact the pilot but he did not answer his phone of come to the door.
Yelp, I did see that...but please refer to my previous reply...there appears to have been a physical altercation between the complainant and the pilots wife which is fueling more anger here. I suspect she called in the paper to make this report because the police and FAA would not help. I now have to suspect there is a war going on between these neighbors. Too bad it has gotten this far out of control.

Ok so if their is problems and the pilot is using his quad to jack them off then he is in the wrong and this just helps the FAA's case maybe why they wouldn't answer the door .
If the pilot is here in the forums STOP IT & grow up !

750r said:
Ok so if their is problems and the pilot is using his quad to jack them off then he is in the wrong and this just helps the FAA's case maybe why they wouldn't answer the door .
If the pilot is here in the forums STOP IT & grow up !
Yelp. If indeed that is the case, then, could not agree with you more....

darwin-t said:
Did everyone notice the telescope pointing out the window of the "victims?

I notice, and notice also it is not pointing to the sky. :twisted:

SilentAV8R said:
phantomi said:
darwin-t said:
Did everyone notice the telescope pointing out the window of the "victims?

I notice, and notice also it is not pointing to the sky. :twisted:

Probably using it as part of their drone surveillance program to document all the times they think the drone is "spying" on them.

I instead think they use it to stalk neighbors in the distant properties.

DrJoe said:

+1 for this. I think we should be doing everything we can to reassure neighbours, not building up suspicions until they become a problem. Courtesy is cheap.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl