Couldn't turn off P2V+ after contact

Reaction score
While flying in a gully, with me on a ridge, higher than P2v+, I contacted the ground, not at speed but bird got wrapped up in some long grass. The height was simular to the take off height, but some 400m away from me. I tried to kill engines once contacted, but they wouldn't shut down. Finally when I got to machine (gasping for breath) 2 blades where spinning happily, 2 were jamed up with grass, but still trying to turn. I had to clear it from the debris and then it turned off with my controller. Any idea as to why? 2 stalled motors were fairly hot, so I restarted to allow air to flow over motors. I have flown since with no problems. What is another way of killing engines or why didn't they shut down? Both sticks in the centre bottom left and right postion, I used sw1 incase it was trying to RTH at one point, made no differance.

The only reason for it not shutting down would be from loss of signal. Not receiving the info until you got closer. The Phantom is like a computer... Can only do what we tell it to. Just my guess. Phantom was below you and the antenna are designed for the craft to be up above receiving the signal from below.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl