Could this be a firmware issue ???

Reaction score
I have owned my p4p since May 16 & love it, always done the firmware updates and never had an issue. Since doing the latest firmware upgrade & using the DJI4 GO app on the ipad, I have only flown it twice & had a few worrying problems. The 1st was from a large boat ( Radio Caroline ) off the Essex coast so many 100's of metres from any thing, had lots of flight zone restrictions from Bradwell Power Station to accept even though the flight restrictions were removed by the CCA a year or two before. Whilst flying the craft gave a "compass error" & started flying away instead of hovering when I let go of the sticks. The RTH worked fine & by the time it was overhead the problem had disappeared & I manually landed it.

The 2nd flight was last week at a sand pit in a 400 acre site so no wifi interference etc. Whilst flying a circle at 80m height the video broke up & disconnected at a distance of around 120m in front of me. When it re-connected the camera was at a strange angle looking to the side so a landing leg was in the picture. Once again RTH worked fine, but about 1metre above the floor I had a landing problem message asking that I manually land it, the ground was just flat sand. Also during the flight I had 2 or 3 "its windy messages" but it was a warm summers day with 5mph winds.

Starting to feel a little concern that my totally brilliant P4P is go longer a reliable to use craft worry free.

Regards Tony in sunny Clacton on sea, Essex UK

Reactions: DarkWolf
Plenty of steel on Caroline could interfere with the compass at launch.
Showing my age now but I used to listen to the pirate ships when I was a teenager.

I have owned my p4p since May 16 & love it, always done the firmware updates and never had an issue. Since doing the latest firmware upgrade & using the DJI4 GO app on the ipad, I have only flown it twice & had a few worrying problems. The 1st was from a large boat ( Radio Caroline ) off the Essex coast so many 100's of metres from any thing, had lots of flight zone restrictions from Bradwell Power Station to accept even though the flight restrictions were removed by the CCA a year or two before. Whilst flying the craft gave a "compass error" & started flying away instead of hovering when I let go of the sticks. The RTH worked fine & by the time it was overhead the problem had disappeared & I manually landed it.

The 2nd flight was last week at a sand pit in a 400 acre site so no wifi interference etc. Whilst flying a circle at 80m height the video broke up & disconnected at a distance of around 120m in front of me. When it re-connected the camera was at a strange angle looking to the side so a landing leg was in the picture. Once again RTH worked fine, but about 1metre above the floor I had a landing problem message asking that I manually land it, the ground was just flat sand. Also during the flight I had 2 or 3 "its windy messages" but it was a warm summers day with 5mph winds.

Starting to feel a little concern that my totally brilliant P4P is go longer a reliable to use craft worry free.

Regards Tony in sunny Clacton on sea, Essex UK
I had this kind of camera flip I'll call it a few times a while back. Mine would do it while taking a pic. It would flip and then turn camera hard left I believe. Then it would just come out of it on it's own. It has not done that since last firmware update for me. Are you on latest update?

Might be, but it could be a lot of things, including interference.
Maybe you should invest in a couple of extenders, cost under $15.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1