Could Flat Earthers Turn Violent? (Threatening YouTube Vids)

You’re missing my point here: I never denied or doubted that there are FE nut jobs that attribute it to an anti-biblical conspiracy, and I’m sure perusal of any social media would easily find evidence of that. I’m just saying that such is not by any means a defining characteristic of the “movement”.. it’s really not necessary for the current FE “doctrine”, and there’s plenty of atheists et.al. putting forward the same argument, albeit attributed differently. If your personal vendetta is only against Christian aficionados of same, then define it as such; The current FE “movement” as a whole is much more broad than that.

You’re missing my point here: I never denied or doubted that there are FE nut jobs that attribute it to an anti-biblical conspiracy, and I’m sure perusal of any social media would easily find evidence of that. I’m just saying that such is not by any means a defining characteristic of the “movement”.. it’s really not necessary for the current FE “doctrine”, and there’s plenty of atheists et.al. putting forward the same argument, albeit attributed differently. If your personal vendetta is only against Christian aficionados of same, then define it as such; The current FE “movement” as a whole is much more broad than that.

OK, I'll bite, please show me the 'plenty atheists that are into FE.' I offered you examples of religious nuts into FE and can provide more if you like so how about you show me some examples of atheist FEers.

Brian

OK, I'll bite, please show me the 'plenty atheists that are into FE.' I offered you examples of religious nuts into FE and can provide more if you like so how about you show me some examples of atheist FEers.

Brian
We can put some perspective on this just through general observation. The percentage of the population that might identify as Christian is significantly larger than those who seemingly have a genuine belief in flat earth. We could probably safely say that over 60% of Americans indentify as Christian while less than 2% of the total population are flat earthers. If we say just over half of the Flat Earthers have strong religious beliefs that is a very small number of total believers (we couldn’t say they are all Christian either). You will struggle to find many, even among those who support new earth Creation, that will argue a flat earth. It is probably the easiest of claims from ignorance in religious texts to disprove.

The percentage of the public that believes in FE is indeed small but sadly growing. The percentage of FE members that ascribe a religious reason for their FE belief is significant. A goodly percentage of YT FE channels contain some religious component and when the comments section is reviewed you see an even greater correlation.

I have no hard data to pin down exactly what percentage of FEers derive the allegiance to FE wholly or in part to religion, but I'd ballpark the percentage at more than 25% but probably less than 50% -- call it 35%. The large collection of conspiracy nuts (911 truthers, chem-trails, crisis actors, etc) probably makeup an equivalent percentage. Nation state trolls, mostly Russian, appear to be behind another significant percentage, perhaps 15% and the remaining 15% is everyone else including lunnies of all descriptions.

The idea that there's some 'equivalence' in the percentage of FEers that are atheist versus religious is, well, laughable. It reminds me of the presidents description of the events at a certain right-wing rally that resulted in a protester being run over by a car as 'both sides being equal'. Enough with the false equivalence nonsense.

Brian

Reactions: Slim.Slamma
The percentage of the public that believes in FE is indeed small but sadly growing. The percentage of FE members that ascribe a religious reason for their FE belief is significant. A goodly percentage of YT FE channels contain some religious component and when the comments section is reviewed you see an even greater correlation.

I have no hard data to pin down exactly what percentage of FEers derive the allegiance to FE wholly or in part to religion, but I'd ballpark the percentage at more than 25% but probably less than 50% -- call it 35%. The large collection of conspiracy nuts (911 truthers, chem-trails, crisis actors, etc) probably makeup an equivalent percentage. Nation state trolls, mostly Russian, appear to be behind another significant percentage, perhaps 15% and the remaining 15% is everyone else including lunnies of all descriptions.

The idea that there's some 'equivalence' in the percentage of FEers that are atheist versus religious is, well, laughable. It reminds me of the presidents description of the events at a certain right-wing rally that resulted in a protester being run over by a car as 'both sides being equal'. Enough with the false equivalence nonsense.

Brian
I must confess I may have been a little over sensitive to your “religious nuts” assertion.

I don’t disagree- to take the religious texts as 100% accurate the flat earth model would need to be accepted along with a lot of other claims we now know to be disproved by reality. No religious people I know do that- I am aware that there are some that clearly do however.

I also find it unlikely a large proportion of flat earthers might be atheists. Atheists tend to struggle with accepting things as facts without evidence- a mindset that extends outside religion.

I must confess I may have been a little over sensitive to your “religious nuts” assertion.

I don’t disagree- to take the religious texts as 100% accurate the flat earth model would need to be accepted along with a lot of other claims we now know to be disproved by reality. No religious people I know do that- I am aware that there are some that clearly do however.

I also find it unlikely a large proportion of flat earthers might be atheists. Atheists tend to struggle with accepting things as facts without evidence- a mindset that extends outside religion.

Agreed!

Brian

Is this causing an issue for Phantom drones? Are there different settings for flat earth or hollow earth?
Are we off topic or have I drifted to another site?

Reactions: chazzm
Is this causing an issue for Phantom drones? Are there different settings for flat earth or hollow earth?
Are we off topic or have I drifted to another site?
Well, the technology isn’t there yet, but drones are definitely going to be in play in this once the electronics and guidance systems progress to the point where an everyday citizen can explore the “flip side” of the earth disc, rather than just the government, the reptilians, and the trilateral commission. It’s good that we keep up on things for when we get to that point...

Aside from space limitations or possible hazardous locations/conditions airplanes can already explore the flip side. They rely on the same physics for flight so I don’t see where a drone makes any difference.

Aside from space limitations or possible hazardous locations/conditions airplanes can already explore the flip side. They rely on the same physics for flight so I don’t see where a drone makes any difference.
It’s the electronics and guidance that’s the issue,not the physics. Do you have how many geostationary GPS satellites are on the other side? Me neither. Any idea how to defeat the automatic transporter system that provides the illusion that you’ve circumnavigated the globe when you get to the edge? Me neither. Magnetic compasses? No idea.. We’ve got to assume that gravity would be similar, as well as basic aerodynamic physics, but once you get past that, all bets are really off.

American Scientists
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
They don’t seem violent and no bibles

Nice group of Americans

Well, the technology isn’t there yet, but drones are definitely going to be in play in this once the electronics and guidance systems progress to the point where an everyday citizen can explore the “flip side” of the earth disc, rather than just the government, the reptilians, and the trilateral commission. It’s good that we keep up on things for when we get to that point...
Well there’s an opportunity for some more YouTube revenue- there doesnt seem to have been a lot of investigation into consideration of the flip side. The believers would need almost twice the wilful ignorance, disregard for reality and absence of common sense to swallow it but I’m sure some would subscribe.

It’s really hard for me to grasp that in this day and age that there’s people who’ve graduated high school and or college and they truly believe that the earth is “FLAT”!??!?? Seriously??? Maybe it’s just me (ABSOLUTELY NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE) but this just boggles my mind!!! In regards to the anger issue I believe people will become this way because they feel threatened when they have to defend their point of view on whatever subject they are questioned about, it’s ludicrous IMHO that in this day and age this “flat earth” issue garners this type of attention in the first place! LMAO

One of the FE types bought a $20K laser ring gyro to prove the Earth doesn't rotate and don't you know the laser ring gyro indicated 15 degrees per hour drift -- exactly what you'd expect if the Earth rotated 360 degrees in about 24 hours. In truth the Earth rotates a bit faster to account for the fact that its also moving in orbit around the Sun -- the actual rotation period is known as a sidereal day and lasts about 23:56:04.0905. So the drift rate per hour is just a tab more than 15 degrees...

The idea that FEers spent $20K to prove the Earth is not rotating is priceless and could only be improved if they'd spent $50K...

Brian

Reactions: sar104
To say that a person, whether FE or not is a Christian just because they use the Bible to make their case is just wrong.
A Christian is a born again believer that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior of all who believe in Him. He is Lord of all!

I don't think that's logically self-consistent, or do the rules of logic not apply to beliefs?
That’s not out of line, at all: citing the Bible isn’t necessarily restricted to those professing or behaving in a fashion required by actual Christianity... you could likely make the same case for FE with the Quran these days and get more mileage out of it: nobody would say a word about it for fear of getting hammered as an islamophobe. It’s a book, available for perusal and citation by anyone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic