Cord that connects phantom and controller to mac

Reaction score
Hi all. First post. Bought a phantom 2 off eBay and it didn't come with the cord that use to connect the phantom or the controller to the MacBook I have. Does anyone know the official name of it and where I could purchase one?
On a side note. The front lights of my phantom blink red right after take off even when my battery shows 3-4 green led lights. Any clue what might be causing that? Thinking of just reselling if I can't get it figured out. Thanks everyone

Hello,
Cable is a ( USB, to MINI-USB ) same as used by most common cell phones.the red lights can mean several things.
1) critically low battery
2) non-intelligent DJI battery
3) CMOS error ( IMU error )
4) compass error

When motors start you should see solid red front lights, and blinking ( yellow ( 5 or less satellites )or green ( 6 or more satellites ) in the back arms.

Being it is a used craft, there are some things you will need to do.
( I'm not Mac computer savvy , as I'm a PC person, but below should be the same once hooked up.)

1) hook Tx to ( RC assistant )
Perform a complete calibration
( if you have an older Tx without sub plug, you must open Tx to leave cate the hidden internal use port inside tx newer models have an external use port. )
1). Both sticks
2) s1/s2 toggles
3) dial wheel or 7th channel mod ( if avail. )
This will calibrate your Tx

2) hook phantom to PC Assistant,
Under basic/RC tab
Calibrate Tx here again ( both sticks, s1, and dial wheel/7th channel mod
( this will calibrate Tx to your bird )

3) while still hooked to PC assistant, ( with bird LEVEL all directions and stationary ( no wobbling around ) perform an advanced IMU calibration.

4) do a fresh compass calibration

This should bring your bird back to factory settings, and fly stable, and sit still, with little drift.

If there is still an issue, we will focus on that after you perform these tasks. Don't sell it too soon, we can get you fixed up, it's not hard. I'd be happy to help.

Keep us updated.
J Dot
:cool:

J Dot.
Thank you so much. This is exactly what I needed and have been looking for. I will get a cord and try all these tips and get back to you if need be. Once again, sincerely, THANK YOU

J Dot. Is the cord a usb micro B? I have a normal usb to micro usb and it is too thick. The port to the phantom and the controller looks thinner like a micro A I believe?
Thanks

Last edited:
Here is a more detailed pic

image.png

J Dot
:cool:

Just purchased the cord and performed all recommended steps. Lost a blade last week trying to fly while it was still acting strange. When new blade comes in mail I will update you. Everything seems status so far. Thank you for all your help

QUOTE="J Dot, post: 987154, member: 9673"]Hello,
Cable is a ( USB, to MINI-USB ) same as used by most common cell phones.the red lights can mean several things.
1) critically low battery
2) non-intelligent DJI battery
3) CMOS error ( IMU error )
4) compass error

When motors start you should see solid red front lights, and blinking ( yellow ( 5 or less satellites )or green ( 6 or more satellites ) in the back arms.

Being it is a used craft, there are some things you will need to do.
( I'm not Mac computer savvy , as I'm a PC person, but below should be the same once hooked up.)

1) hook Tx to ( RC assistant )
Perform a complete calibration
( if you have an older Tx without sub plug, you must open Tx to leave cate the hidden internal use port inside tx newer models have an external use port. )
1). Both sticks
2) s1/s2 toggles
3) dial wheel or 7th channel mod ( if avail. )
This will calibrate your Tx

2) hook phantom to PC Assistant,
Under basic/RC tab
Calibrate Tx here again ( both sticks, s1, and dial wheel/7th channel mod
( this will calibrate Tx to your bird )

3) while still hooked to PC assistant, ( with bird LEVEL all directions and stationary ( no wobbling around ) perform an advanced IMU calibration.

4) do a fresh compass calibration

This should bring your bird back to factory settings, and fly stable, and sit still, with little drift.

If there is still an issue, we will focus on that after you perform these tasks. Don't sell it too soon, we can get you fixed up, it's not hard. I'd be happy to help.

Keep us updated.
J Dot
:cool:[/QUOTE]
Just bought the

Everything you said was spot on. Got it up and flying perfectly now. Found out the batteries had plenty of charge 94%, it was a communication error with the controller. Thanks so much.

Reactions: J Dot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers