Copy rights on my photos

Reaction score
Hi all,

Don't know if this subject has been answered before but here goes....;)

How do I put my name on my pictures so I have the copy rights to them, what software would I use to do this? I would like to have a little copy right water mark on them.

The only reason I ask, I've just found out someone has used one of my pics without my permission for advertising. Do I just let it go & forget about it.

Any help would be much appreciated.:)

Hi all,

Don't know if this subject has been answered before but here goes....;)

How do I put my name on my pictures so I have the copy rights to them, what software would I use to do this? I would like to have a little copy right water mark on them.

The only reason I ask, I've just found out someone has used one of my pics without my permission for advertising. Do I just let it go & forget about it.

Any help would be much appreciated.:)

You don't have to put anything on your photos. See: http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ01.pdf

--Roger

Your photos are copyrighted in the minute you take them.
You can watermark them if you'd like.
There are several small programs that do that, are you on a mac or a pc?
But if its only a few photos, you can do it by one by one in any image editor

Thanks guys for you imput

That's a nice easy bit of software to use, tried it, works great.:)

You don't have to put anything on your photos. See: http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ01.pdf

--Roger

Very interesting, thanks Roger.

email or ring them and tell them. i have ebay shop and had a seller copy my pics. ebay removed the add in minutes

Emailed them no reply at the mo..

Your photos are copyrighted in the minute you take them.
You can watermark them if you'd like.
There are several small programs that do that, are you on a mac or a pc?
But if its only a few photos, you can do it by one by one in any image editor

Would just like a small water mark on the ones that I share on the net.

I'm a pc user. Recommend anything?

before Lightroom, I used EasyBatchPhoto for Mac. Maybe they have a PC version?

Learn the basics of copyright.
You can not copyright images of things that are in public view and readily available for everyone else to see.
If there is something in that image that is unique, like a person, then maybe you can. But that's tricky.
But if you can prove you took that video, hey, send them a bill.
At least ask for credit.

You can not copyright images of things that are in public view and readily available for everyone else to see.
If there is something in that image that is unique, like a person, then maybe you can. But that's tricky.
At least ask for credit.
Sorry you are completely wrong.

At least ask for credit.

That's not correct. You can't claim a copyright on something just because you took a photo of it. But, you definitely hold the copyrights of photos that you take.

-- Roger

Thanks guys, at least I can now watermark some of the pics I share with other people;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl