controller with not charge- brand new out of the box

Reaction score
Hello, I thought I had done a thorough research on the DJI company and their drones, but have had nothing but problems since I opened the box and have flown the drone for only 4 minutes, as the controller will not take a charge. Am I the only one with this problem

Reactions: Just Mark
How did you attempt to charge it? What happened when you tried to charge it? We love details here, so don't hold anything back :)

I am again, attempting to charge it. Very simply really; the charger is hooked to the controller, there is a constant red light on the far left of the controller [as you face the controller] and the white light next to the red light is blinking. After about 15 minutes, the lights go out, and guess what? The darn thing has not charged. When I opened the box yesterday, I charged the two batteries I purchase and the controller, and now I am ready to fly and use this thing, and it will not operate. Kind of like spending 50 k for a brand new vehicle and it will not run. Needless to say, not happy with this company. The folks on this help site are great. Is there a more reputable drone company that you folks know about.

Not familiar with the Phantom 4 controller, but the P3S controller light is red until it's paired with the AC. Though I thought they came paired from the factory.

i was able to fly the aircraft for less than 4 or 5 minutes and the controller died. There was no pairing necessary. Thank you for the reply.

Not familiar with the Phantom 4 controller, but the P3S controller light is red until it's paired with the AC. Though I thought they came paired from the factory.
You can charge any Phantom remote controller without it being linked and/or connected to the Phantom.

the charger is hooked to the controller, there is a constant red light on the far left of the controller [as you face the controller] and the white light next to the red light is blinking. After about 15 minutes, the lights go out
Most other people who ran into this issue ended up sending their remote controllers to DJI to get them replaced/repaired. You can find a few cases like that on the DJI forum here and here.

Kind of like spending 50 k for a brand new vehicle and it will not run.
Or kind of like when I bought an Autel drone and I could not fly it out of the box since the compass would not calibrate. What did I do? I returned it and got a new one (just like people normally do with any product that doesn't work).

If Amazon shipped your Phantom, it would be quicker to have them send you a replacement. You could also work directly with DJI by contacting DJI Support.

You can charge any Phantom remote controller without it being linked and/or connected to the Phantom.
I'm aware of that. He mentioned a red light. I was thinking the red light would indicate the AC/RC were not paired. I just charged a new controller today and the light was red until I paired it, then it turned green.

I'm aware of that. He mentioned a red light. I was thinking the red light would indicate the AC/RC were not paired. I just charged a new controller today and the light was red until I paired it, then it turned green.
Check out the OP again. The remote controller is not charging. There seems to be no issue with pairing the remote controller.

Hello, I thought I had done a thorough research on the DJI company and their drones, but have had nothing but problems since I opened the box and have flown the drone for only 4 minutes, as the controller will not take a charge. Am I the only one with this problem
Hi there.

I let my remote controller battery run pretty low (I hadn't used it for about 5 months or so) and when I tried charging it, it took a LONG time for it to charge. It was similar to yours: The red light turned on (solid red) and the first white light was blinking, then stopped blinking and all the white lights were dark.

But I just left it plugged in and I think it took like three hours to charge the remote to full power

So my suggestion is to leave the remote controller plugged in to the charger for at least three hours and see what happens. Even if the white light stops blinking and goes out. Just leave it connected for several hours and see what happens. I think eventually it will charge up.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: 99taws6

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West