P3 Firmware Controller on while AC updating

I updated the controller first, via DJI Go, rebooted it when told to by the app, then switched on the Phantom (with bin file on card) with the radio still on.
All good.

Yes, lots of beeping.
If I remember right, the gimbal light blinks green/red during update, solid green when complete.
mine took less than 30 minutes.

I have flown mine 6 times since the update.
3 were Litchi waypoint missions - all perfect
1 was a straight 4400m out and 4400m back over the sea - no problems, only came back because battery hit 50%
2 were long range flight - 3300m and 2600m out over a huge beach - no problems

I had no issues with the previous FW and this is more of the same (but range feels far stronger, probably environmental though)

It's ok. I got it to update but scared to take it out for a flight. Not sure what bugs the new FW has and don't want it to crash.

Oh no!!! If your RC was on when you updated the AC, next time you take off its going to fly to the moon and back!

But seriously, you will be fine it does not matter if it is on or off it has nothing to do with firmware download to your AC.

I haven't took the plunge yet and updated, mostly cause I am lazy and the current firmware I am on I am having no problems with other then my android tablet (Nexus 7) will pixelate and occasionally cause the DJI Go app to crash and have to reboot during flight. And also I like to wait and see how badly DJI screwed it up before crippling my quad and having to downgrade.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl