Controller not communicating

Reaction score
During a fly-away (my first ever), I gave chase, slipped on ice and dropped my controller. Fortunately I ive in a big city and a distant neighbor found my P2 but with damage. I'm trying to bring it back to life but I'm getting fast blinking yellow which means no communication with controller (I believe) even though controller is on.

I tried connecting both via USB to the NAZA software but only the P2 is recognized even though I hear the connect sound when plugging in the controller. I have tried the reset button on the P2, but no dice. I even took the controller apart and pressed the button on the main pc board, still nothing.

Any testing I can do?

Also, the red LED on the reset switch on the P2 is on. I'm wondering if that is on b/c there is a problem, or if it's normally on when the controller is off?

Sounds like something got dislodged or broken inside the controller. Open it up (remove screws and slide the case back downward) and make sure all the connections are good and that the circuit board isn't visibly damaged or cracked. Make sure all the batteries are in right.

Fast blinking yellow and red rebind button means that the Phantom doesn't see the controller signal.

Thanks Zen.

I took it apart, and fiddled around with the wires, but no luck. However I noticed my batteries were only at 1.24-1.25 volts. Maybe it's the batteries? Although the light goes on to a solid red on the controller. hmmm

Did you try the rebinding procedure for binding the tx to the rx? (Turn on Phantom, hold down the rx bind button for a second until it flashes, then turn on the tx/remote.)

Does it work if the tx is very close to the rx antenna?

I'M pretty sure the solid red led on the controller is saying the battery voltage is less then 5.some thing volts( I think its 5.4 that its cuts off at. )

So try new some fresh battery in the tx

Tried new batteries, still solid red on controller. (I tried 2 controllers, same deal).

Well that was odd. I took apart the P2 and reconnected and moved around the wires to and from the NAZA controller and re-established communication...

Still a bit nervous though.

Is your Phantom a P2 non-vision or vision +?
If so there's nothing wrong with your Tx batteries.

Solid RED LED power indicator on a P2 transmitter is Normal.
Low voltage is fast flashing RED LED w/beep.
Inactivity is a slower flashing and beeping cadence.

N017RW said:
Is your Phantom a P2 non-vision or vision +?
If so there's nothing wrong with your Tx batteries.

Solid RED LED power indicator on a P2 transmitter is Normal.
Low voltage is fast flashing RED LED w/beep.
Inactivity is a slower flashing and beeping cadence.

Phantom 2 non-vision.

Communication is tempermental, but I believe I found the problem being a loose antenna wire connection on the communication daughter board. Tough to get at, but I'm going to do my best improving the connection.

ok p2 non vision. On my p2v and my fc40 I get green led for every thing is hunky dorry, Red if battery is to low and yellow if to far out of calibration.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl