Controller issues

Reaction score
So I have seen a lot of videos of issues with the phantom 4 controller only showing 2 lights on the controller charging due to bad solder and having to take it apart to reflow. Has anyone in here done this and have it work or any other suggestions to fix the issue? I got a great deal on the phantom 4 and I knew it had the issue but trying to decide the best way to fix it.

Twice - worked both times. But it’s scary. The whole time I was doing it I was sure I’d melt the brains out of the circuitry. Solder melts at 370F but you don’t want your heat gun to take a long time to get there because you WILL burn up components. I set the heat gun to 425F and got good results.

I was lucky. Understand - this is a last ditch effort to save something that’s already fubar.

I sent my P4 controller back to DJI and they fixed it for free. I forget if I even had to pay return shipping. They do require a deposit before they will issue a RMA and you have to pay for shipping to CA. Once the issue is determined to be a defect, the deposit was refunded. Mine was a gift and I didn't have a receipt. Best of luck.

I discovered this problem last week after attempting to charge the controller prior to flying for the first time in several months.
Checked out the forums, found a great YouTube video for a P4 Pro controller reflow, followed it step by step and it worked.
I didn’t have a fancy heat gun like he did but used a regular heat gun set at the 700 degree setting, a folded piece of cardboard to focus the heat and hit the area three separate times before it finally showed all lights when I plugged in the charging cord.
I let things cool down, reassembled the controller and took it all outside and flew till I drained a battery to make sure everything was working correctly.
A company here in Canada, DrDrone, in Nova Scotia, wanted $538 for the repair.
Good luck if you give it a try!!

I had same problem. P4 controller would charge to about 70 percent. That was ok for me. But after not flying for 2 months it only charged to 1 percent. I sent it for repair to drone doctor. This is there assessment. 've examined your DJI Phantom 4 controller and can report that the charging circuitry requires re-flowing to remedy the charging issues on this unit.
Total cost was £160. Flew to batteries and I still had 90 percent left.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj