Controller fell apart

Reaction score
The controller for the phantom three pro fell apart. All of the internal screw mount seem to falling apart like they were made out of clay. Has anyone else had a problem like this? I didn't take any pictures and ended up super gluing it back together since I was not in a position to do anything else at the time. The controller has always been in a case and has never been dropped. The 3P had only been flown about three times.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

i took my controller apart to mod it, found all 4 of the screw mounts were broken. its seriously taped together, i didnt glue it yet. I assume yours is a 'B' version of the controller? They are notorious for brittle plastic.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?
Yes, several others have had this problem and posted about it here with pix. Most often we hear that the RTH button has broken off internally, or that the sticks have broken off internally.

Yes. Mine dropped the right control stick into the case about 5 or 6 months ago [I think]. I could still fly by holding up on the stick, took the chance and did because I'd traveled just over 200 miles to fly a location. Contacted DJI the Monday after it happened and they got me a return label that day. Think it took a little over a week to get a replacement. No BS or hassle from DJI at all, just an apology from the rep on the phone, and a replacement controller. Took all of ten minutes to tie the new controller to the P3P and make sure everything was updated where it should be. No issues since.

The controller for the phantom three pro fell apart. All of the internal screw mount seem to falling apart like they were made out of clay. Has anyone else had a problem like this? I didn't take any pictures and ended up super gluing it back together since I was not in a position to do anything else at the time. The controller has always been in a case and has never been dropped. The 3P had only been flown about three times.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Were you trying to open it up for a possible mod?

Plastic parts inside are known to be very brittle.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had a large 5.8 antenna panel do the same thing. Whoever put it together torqued the screws too much. I replaced all the screws with longer ones and tightened them carefully. Good as new!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31