Controller Device Holder

Reaction score
I like to use an iPad Pro 9.7" when I fly my P4P or Inspire 2. I just bought a silicon skin to protect the back of the device but have exceeded the amount of controller device holder stretch to clamp it down. I'd still like to use the silicone protector when out in the field. Is there a device holder out there for larger devices?

I have seen some people get items 3D printed. One guy on YouTube paid about $8 for a solution. Or you could try Alibaba. Everything and the earth on that site.

I like to use an iPad Pro 9.7" when I fly my P4P or Inspire 2. I just bought a silicon skin to protect the back of the device but have exceeded the amount of controller device holder stretch to clamp it down. I'd still like to use the silicone protector when out in the field. Is there a device holder out there for larger devices?
Gosh I just use one that came with my p4 remote,,it fits my Samsung 10/1 in it easy,,,even got 5mls at top to spare
20181130_134842.jpg
20181130_135507.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (10 inch) just barely fits on my gl300c RC even with the magnetic case attached. See pics.
20181130_101509.jpg
20181130_101537.jpg

The man has an iPad, so showing him your Samsung is a waste of time here.

David, if the iPad fits but not with the protector, then just cut away the protector where the clamps grab the device.

Yeah I've seen them on Amazon. Might order one. Definitely doesn't fit with my silicon protector on. Cutting away at the top would work I suppose. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks

UPDATE: Ultimately decided that cutting away the top and bottom which I would have to do to get it to fit weakens the protector too much. Buying the extension on Amazon. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
The man has an iPad, so showing him your Samsung is a waste of time here.

David, if the iPad fits but not with the protector, then just cut away the protector where the clamps grab the device.
HI iPad & tabletc nearly the same thing,,,,apart from the weight Samsung devices work awsome , I pads here are very expensive,,,I been using Samsung since I started and guess what , it seems to have less issues than most tablets that people are using ,,,,I do not consider it a waste of time showing my device in holder,,it's also a picture Dave out there to see 10/1 fits in my holder with space left,,,,I thought these things were I pads, to me the difference is ios (apple) and Samsung use android, hope that right,,was just impression I was under
20181201_083639.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
HI iPad & tabletc nearly the same thing,,,,apart from the weight Samsung devices work awsome , I pads here are very expensive,,,I been using Samsung since I started and guess what , it seems to have less issues than most tablets that people are using ,,,,I do not consider it a waste of time showing my device in holder,,it's also a picture Dave out there to see 10/1 fits in my holder with space left,View attachment 105837

I knew that would be your reaction. Just don't get it.

I knew that would be your reaction. Just don't get it.
Still waiting ,,,no disrespect to you sir but you could at least fill me in,,it's the only way we learn,,,I'm sorry if I don't get it,,,????????

Still waiting ,,,no disrespect to you sir but you could at least fill me in,,it's the only way we learn,,,I'm sorry if I don't get it,,,????????
My guess would be that an Ipad with a 9.7" screen is larger than an Samsung with a 10.1" screen. So there's no comparison. Which I agree with lol.

My guess would be that an Ipad with a 9.7" screen is larger than an Samsung with a 10.1" screen. So there's no comparison. Which I agree with lol.
Ah great yip needed to know that,,sounds logical,,I just measure mine and yes screen size is different,,10/1 is the whole length of my device but screen is just on 8& a half inch screen,,wow I been ripped off,,I thinking now I just should have stayed with 8"Samsung tab A and saved myself $600,,lol alright,,ok now I understand what going on with device sizes,,thank you @3rdof5 ,:) and sorry to @JeffreyS now I get it

Reactions: JeffreyS and 3rdof5
iPad Pro 9.7" 240 × 169.5 × 7.5 mm (9.4 × 6.6 × 0.29 in)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 256.7 x 175.3 x 8.6 mm (10.11 x 6.90 x 0.34 in)

I just pulled these numbers off the net out of curiosity and they don't add up. If the Samsung is larger then the iPad should fit but we know it doesn't.
Could it be possible that ianzone is using the smaller Tab 8.9?

iPad Pro 9.7" 240 × 169.5 × 7.5 mm (9.4 × 6.6 × 0.29 in)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 256.7 x 175.3 x 8.6 mm (10.11 x 6.90 x 0.34 in)

I just pulled these numbers off the net out of curiosity and they don't add up. If the Samsung is larger then the iPad should fit but we know it doesn't.
Could it be possible that ianzone is using the smaller Tab 8.9?
Na not possible,,,says 10/1 ,,I also have the 8" of same device,,,,my holder has small tabs incase of a phone there,,,I don't have my p34k remote no more but it reminds me of it,,could be the same
20181201_111840.jpg
15436165238807179213.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers