Controller Calibration Fails Mid-flight ...

Reaction score
BRAIN TRUST; Hoping to hear some info I haven't tried yet. Here are the details: I have had the P3P in her case for the last 7 weeks due to work, weather and familial intrusions. This weekend was scheduled for filming though. I charged two batteries, checked my planned Litchi mission and started to prep for the flight. Before leaving for the flight site, I always pop a battery in at home to make sure there are no pending updates and connections, calibrations, configurations, camera settings, ND filter installs, etc. are working as needed so I don't have to fuss with at the site.

2 issues slowed me to a crawl. One, I got the RX beeping alarm, indicating the controller needs to be calibrated. (Why, I'll never know). After 4 or 5 calibration attempts I finally got the confirmation beeps but only after several failed attempts. I swapped cables and batteries during these failures but nothing worked until seemingly at random she calibrated.

Then, it took many manual disconnections to get a camera image though both DJI Go and Litchi indicated a connection.

Everything eventually seemed to fall into place and I decided to go flying. I got to the site, everything in the green, loaded my 10 minute mission and off she went. All went quite smoothly for the most part. However, when the mission ended, I switched back to FPV/P mode and flew briefly with the sticks. When I went to fly her back to my position for a hand catch, the bird would not respond to any forward (right stick up) or reverse (right stick down). Left, right, and all left stick movements (thank heavens) functioned but not forward and backward.

The mission I flew was an overwater filming mission and thankfully the last waypoint was over beach sand at low tide. Since I couldn't bring her directly to me, I had to land her on the beach and fetch her some 40 yards away. When I shut her down, I fired her up and sure enough, the RC calibration beeping alarm began again.

Any ideas what would cause the RC calibration to go south?

Update: when I try to callibrate the RX now, she will say "unconnected", or she will give me callibration instructions. - when I do the stick routines and tap done, she goes right back into the calibration arm beeping.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers