Controlled Video Pan?

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there's a program out there where I can do a controlled video pan? So for example, if I want to pan 270° counter-clockwise over 65-seconds at an elevation of 70 feet in one location (no change in coordinates), is this possible? I have timelapse gear that allows me to do things exactly like this, I'm surprised I can't seem to find any software that will do that for a drone, but I'm sure I'm just missing something?

I'm wondering if there's a program out there where I can do a controlled video pan?
Litchi will do that. Set your waypoint where you want the actions to occur. You can stay in one spot and rotate the aircraft at the specified degree's + or - however you want. I am not certain that it will handle that many actions in one spot but it might. Never tried it personally, but it should work.

@Fly Dawg Ive been playing with Litchi this morning, can’t seem to find a way to make it pan at a certain speed, just rotate a certain amount of degrees which I assume is pretty fast. Am I missing a setting? I’m looking to have this process totally automated so the pan speed is constant and clean, the same reason we use Litchi at all, to remove our fingers from the sticks.

Am I missing a setting?
No, I don't think so. The rotation speed is most likely set and not changeable. That was really the only way I could think of to rotate at the Waypoint, a few degrees at a time. You may be able to do this without placing a stop between the actions, but that may or may not do what you are wanting. It would most likely rotate at the set speed regardless.

If you are on iOS, you might want to look into Autopilot. I’m not sure if it can do what you want, but it has way more customizable features than Litchi does. I have used it to fly a waypoint mission and take full 360 degree spherical panos at specific waypoints - not possible on Litchi. It also has extensive camera video control options as well . But it has a learning curve and must be used within range of the controller if you want access to its extensive options.

Here is the link to Flight School which gives you details about the app.

https://autoflight.hangar.com/autopilot/flightschool

Hope this helps.

Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik