Controlling pan/tilt via phone screen

Reaction score
Howdy,

I am hiring an Osmo for a video shoot and I'd like to set it up to do some panning and tilting timelapses on a tripod.

I want to leave the set up in the middle of a room as stand a few meters away and either set the head to make a programmed movement OR be able to control the head via the screen on the smart phone. The type of timelapse I'd be going for would simply be a continuous recording.

I can't find any info online about programmable movements whilst recording video (only for pano/360 shots) but did see that you can pan the head using a finger across the smart phone screen.

Does anyone know if I can make the head pan 360 by keeping my finger on the screen and if so, at what sort of speed (possibly variable depending on speed of finger movement??) the head will pan at.

I'd like to achieve a 360 degree pan over roughly 30-45 seconds and a 60 degree tilt over 20-30 seconds

I hope I've managed to explain that properly!

Thanks in advance

No programmable features yet for Osmo regular. I wish there was. You can pan by using the joystick or the finger long press on the screen. The way the pan works with the long press is from the point where you long press the further you get from it with your finger, the faster it will pan that direction (up down left right diagonal).. It would take some practice but you could get it. Right now my main problem with the osmo and timelapses is the natural wobble you see when you speed up video or just use the timelapse feature.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj