Construction Time Lapse

Time-lapse photography is a technique whereby the frequency at which film frames are captured (the frame rate) is much lower than that used to view the sequence. When played at normal speed, time appears to be moving faster and thus lapsing. For example, an image of a scene may be captured once every second, then played back at 30 frames per second; the result is an apparent 30 times speed increase.

Reactions: Hali_Photography
Time-lapse photography is a technique whereby the frequency at which film frames are captured (the frame rate) is much lower than that used to view the sequence. When played at normal speed, time appears to be moving faster and thus lapsing. For example, an image of a scene may be captured once every second, then played back at 30 frames per second; the result is an apparent 30 times speed increase.
Agree. This is not a true timelapse. Interesting idea anyway.

Reactions: CANEKiTA
So this raises the discussion of how to best do progressive "time-lapse type" video or still pictures of a subject using our drones....I.e. fly the same waypoint route each day for 2 weeks and stream together the clips, etc.
How have others accomplished this?

Reactions: STAINLESS
The idea is to keep flying this mission as the project progresses. So at the end, in 6 months, the building will be completely finished in about 40 seconds. That to me is a form of time lapse. I call it video time lapse:). Just trying something different. I'm also shooting 4 different still shots for a real time lapse of the same project. Thanks for watching!

If anything setup an APP like Litchi or Autopilot to run the same exact route over several weeks or months and then once thats done, you can throw the opposite clips into media editor and then edit them to slowly show the change as the flight takes place, pretty difficult imho.

Now this is a time lapse whether it was shot at 30 fps and spedup in post or a photo sequence. But the point is that a time lapse doesn't have to be to completion such as the construction of a building as in OP's video

Reactions: daveleeds

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl