Constant Yellow Blinking - NO GPS !

Reaction score
My Phantom is showing a blinking yellow light and no GPS in the software. I have replaced the compass but still the same, please help ?

Regards

Paul

ManShed said:
My Phantom is showing a blinking yellow light and no GPS in the software. I have replaced the compass but still the same, please help ?

Regards

Paul

I noticed that sometimes when the bird is connected to the PC, the GPS receiver function is disabled and I'm able to check out the switch positions, but sometimes the GPS function is left enbaled. if the GPS receiver is trying to get a signal for too long in the house I think it completely resets and goes into cold-reset mode where it tries to establish it's position without referring to recent positional info. In this case the software gives you the message "GPS needs to be calibrated" and the GPS switch position in the software doesn't show GPS selected.......

I had exactly that recently, I was a bit worried about it because you don't 'calibrate' a GPS receiver, it works or it doesn't. I took the phantom outside and let the GPS receiver get full lock and then tried again on the software, it was fine. It's just a poorly written message.

Hi, thanks for the reply. When I place the phantom outside and turn it on it still blinks constant yellow, however, I have not left it very long, maybe a minute before I turn it off. Should I try leaving it for longer to see if the GPS gets a lock and turns to green/red ?

Thanks P

ManShed said:
Hi, thanks for the reply. When I place the phantom outside and turn it on it still blinks constant yellow, however, I have not left it very long, maybe a minute before I turn it off. Should I try leaving it for longer to see if the GPS gets a lock and turns to green/red ?

Thanks P

Constant Yellow flashing actually means the IMU is warming up, just leave it to go through that without flying...

As soon as the Phantom runs through it's initial sequence, the LED should flash Red to signify the number of Satellites it's acquired. It would ordinarily start by flashing and then stop as it achieves 6+ satellites, so if it's not flashing at all at the beginning there is a problem. Even on a battery swap (GPS Warm start) my Phantom will show a few RED Flashes before settling down.

You know, I have my own startup sequence which I stick to and one of the points is to check the transmitter is in GPS mode, so I don't know if the RED GPS indicator even bothers to tell you how many satellites have been acquired if you're in ATT or MAN mode.....hmmm, that's a good question.

Hi, tried again and after start up and a red, yellow and 3 greens it goes to constant yellow blinking, left it for 15 minutes plus and it never changes, giving me no satalite connection. Getting fed up now.

ManShed said:
Hi, tried again and after start up and a red, yellow and 3 greens it goes to constant yellow blinking, left it for 15 minutes plus and it never changes, giving me no satalite connection. Getting fed up now.

Don't get fed up.

DJI is not making this easy for anyone.

TX calibration. Read how to on DJI web

Software calibration.
Do the other TX calibration via software.
Naza calibration do advanced. If you get a unplug the Phantom screen then unplug it for 10 mins. Don't fool with anything. Be patient for 10 mins. Plug Phantom back up and let it finish calibration after 10 mins, there abouts.

Once completed, take it outside and do the compass calibration.

If you get blinking yellow lights for over a min. Go into the house and get 10' of rope. Must be 10'. Tie one end to the phantom and one end to a concrete block. Hook to your boat and use as anchor. :)

Seriously. Try that minus the concrete boat and rope part.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consistently flashing yellow means no tx/rx communication, NOT IMU warm up, thats four yellows and a pause. Make sure that you tx and rx are still bound. My tx an rx randomly became unbound and the tx was unresponsive when connected to the Naza assistant. Popped top and bind them back together if this be your problem.

edunwody said:
ManShed said:

Don't get fed up.

DJI is not making this easy for anyone.

TX calibration. Read how to on DJI web

Software calibration.
Do the other TX calibration via software.
Naza calibration do advanced. If you get a unplug the Phantom screen then unplug it for 10 mins. Don't fool with anything. Be patient for 10 mins. Plug Phantom back up and let it finish calibration after 10 mins, there abouts.

Once completed, take it outside and do the compass calibration.

If you get blinking yellow lights for over a min. Go into the house and get 10' of rope. Must be 10'. Tie one end to the phantom and one end to a concrete block. Hook to your boat and use as anchor. :)

Seriously. Try that minus the concrete boat and rope part.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, done all except last one, will give it another shot, appreciate your time and advice.

P

Dskier79 said:
Consistently flashing yellow means no tx/rx communication, NOT IMU warm up, thats four yellows and a pause. Make sure that you tx and rx are still bound. My tx an rx randomly became unbound and the tx was unresponsive when connected to the Naza assistant. Popped top and bind them back together if this be your problem.

Thanks, but tried that as well, no luck.

I have the same problem and tried all the things you have tried, but my problem was that i have to upgrade the MC. Have you tried that?

And then advance calibrate it

Regards
Bjorn

I have same problem and its not tx and rx problem cause the quad starts when I arm it....did not try to fly it as it remained yellow blinkss and tx is on gps mode

Hi Bjorn, trying to do this, but the software is now playing up saying deletefile code 5, arghhhh. But will try and do this, thanks. P

Bjorn Thore said:
I have the same problem and tried all the things you have tried, but my problem was that i have to upgrade the MC. Have you tried that?

And then advance calibrate it

Regards
Bjorn

OK.. maybe you must download the naza sotw. all over again. It`s seems to my that may be your problem. I Hope you find the issue.

Regards
Bjorn

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj