Constant Update - Solutions

Reaction score
Hi All,

Firstly let me state that I love the DJI products and I do not have any issues with firmware updates and running on the latest firmware or nervousness around new features. I also do not have any problems with the no fly zone policy now in place.

My issue is I have a P4, P4 Pro, Spark, Mavic Pro and Mavic Air. It really grinds my gears that alsmost everytime I get a drone out to fly it , i have to upgrade something. Add the fact that I hacve purchased lots of batteries for each of the drones, it is hard to ensure that everything is all up to date.

I do not want to stop receiving updates and applying them. It would be awseome if there was some sort of solution whereby you can leave your drones powered on partially and ready to accept updates and install them automagically. It may require some sort of server side software by DJI. That way when I go to pick up mny drone and controller I am not faced with having to go through the update process before running out the door.

I do realise that you do not neccessarily need to upgrade but the DJI App cannot help itself by needing to check everytime before flying and it can get a bit messy.

The promotions always show videos of people who just simply go on a hike and whip out their drone and fly it immidiattely. I find I whip it out and spend a fair bit of time makming sure my firmware and fly zone database is all good before i actually get to fly. Add pre-flight checking to that and it is not as quick as it looks and by the time you are ready to go that perfect shot of a bald eagle is gone.

I am curious to understand what other pilots think and what sort of suggestion we could give DJI for the future.

Steve

Reactions: GolfPro8888
Steve, your post is typical of all others that I have read that are are loyal to Momma DJI! I broke away from DJI GO over a year ago when the app kept crashing. I switched to Litchi and deleted DJI GO and since then I have never been bothered to update anything! Every time I boot up Litchi and my Phantom 4, it is ready to fly! Nothing required! If I choose to update Litchi, I may do so but it is not required and I am not grounded until I do! So, cut the cord and switch to Litchi with all its features including the Mission Hub and the fabulous Waypoint Mission feature! You'll love it and continue my quest to tell others about Litchi vs DJI Go !!! You'll never look back!

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Thanks Jim,

I have never used litchi before but have heard nothing but good things about it. I was clearly not thinking outside the square and your suggestion sounds like the perfect solution. I will start uning it and see how I will go. Thanks.

Steve

Steve, yep after reading about the problems and restrictions that DJI GO imposes mostly after a required update are very aggravating at the least. I’ve read of people traveling two hours out to get the perfect shot, well out of internet range only to be grounded because of an update! Litchi has never required such in my case. Since November of 2016 it has flown flawlessly and I sure don’t miss GO and all it’s problems.
Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF.

Steve, your post is typical of all others that I have read that are are loyal to Momma DJI! I broke away from DJI GO over a year ago when the app kept crashing. I switched to Litchi and deleted DJI GO and since then I have never been bothered to update anything! Every time I boot up Litchi and my Phantom 4, it is ready to fly! Nothing required! If I choose to update Litchi, I may do so but it is not required and I am not grounded until I do! So, cut the cord and switch to Litchi with all its features including the Mission Hub and the fabulous Waypoint Mission feature! You'll love it and continue my quest to tell others about Litchi vs DJI Go !!! You'll never look back!

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Hey Jim how do you check your IMU and compass and all the other flight parameters
You still have DJI go on your device can’t cut the cord completely ?..?

I have DJI GO on another device for IMU calibration. Litchi has compass calibration option that is easily assessable. Thankfully I have not been bothered with any required upgrades by DJI.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF.

Reactions: DocDiggler

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik