Consistent GS flyaway at first waypoint with severe consequences

I know what the switch marking say and that can be confusing for someone new to the hobby.

Just to clarify, not new, been flying P1+H3-2D since release, and also APM, Pixhawk and XBee quadcopters and planes for 3 years including ones I built from scratch. But I do appreciate your input.

Wow! That is crazy! Certainly glad you didn't injure (or kill) that passerby. I have the Ground Station installed on my Tarot 680p hex using the Naza v2 flight controller. I have not tested it yet, but this makes me very nervous.

I don't care about IOC and in Phantom mode failsafe can be enabled on S1 position 3 in assistant, which I did. The failsafe did not work during the flyaway. I'm interested in how to get control back from a GS-initiated mission, and why my attempts didn't work. Aborting a mission to TX control seems a basic requirement for autonomous flight but in this case it was all FUBAR.

Did you say your Phantom was or was not in Naza mode? Otherwise the Failsafe or recovery mode functions will not work properly with the GS. I find it odd that you would initiate another flight without thoroughly testing the failsafe before you would initiate another waypoint mission? You could have run any number of additional tests without risking another flyaway to verify failsafe recovery. Did you somehow think that the second time around the problem would simply disappear? I am sorry to say this but you certainly did not need to do another flight to figure out that there was a major problem and should not fly that Phantom again until you verified that you could effectively abort a waypoint mission. I would say the second crash was certainly due to your misjudgement in thinking that additional runs would somehow give different results without knowing the true nature of the initial crash?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20