Consistent GPS Error

Reaction score
My P4P V2 is having a GPS error within about 5 minutes of it being on. each time I calibrate the GPS and it consistently returns the GPS error within about 5 minutes. The GPS' seems to be functioning normally. I have replaced the GPS and I am still having the same problem. What could possibly be the issue if it is not the GPS itself?

There is no gps calibration that can be done on the phantom that you have. You mention that you have replaced the gps puck which would involve splitting the shell. Is that correct? GPS part was purchased where?
Model number on the back of your controller?

Last edited:
Reactions: Harleydude and Oso
When DJI did the troubleshooting on my P4P (frequent GPS error), I seem to recall they determined it was a combination of the module and the landing gear legs (compass). I assume the GPS needs a good compass signal to compute. They replaced my Obsidian instead of repairing. I was pleased with the turnaround time and cost.

Reactions: Harleydude
My P4P V2 is having a GPS error within about 5 minutes of it being on. each time I calibrate the GPS and it consistently returns the GPS error within about 5 minutes. The GPS' seems to be functioning normally. I have replaced the GPS and I am still having the same problem. What could possibly be the issue if it is not the GPS itself?
When you say you calibrated the gps do you mean you calibrated the compass? Did you have to hold the drone and spin in two circles? What exactly is it saying on your screen, like exactly?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic