Connection Problems with Samsung Tab S2

Reaction score
I am completely new here. And have never flown my new P4 yet.

I charged up all my batteries and upgraded my firmware in the P4. But, when I try to connect with my Samsung Tab S2, I am unsuccessful. It says disconnected. And sometimes it says that it is an Inspire instead of a P4. Even then, it only says disconnected when I click Camera.

I bought a Samsung Tab S2 specifically for use with my new drone.

I can however use my Nexus 7 phone and my LG G4 phone. Both with screens that are not optimal. I will try to go flying today with one of my phones. But, I was wondering if there is a trick to getting the Samsung Tab S2 to connect to these things.

I did turn on developer options then USB debugging mode and that did not help either. I thought about going back to factory defaults.

Any thoughts?

The rain has finally passed and today will be a good day for flying.

some things are just weird like that, i dont have a P4, but i have a sound bar that will never connect to my ipod.

I run the S2 and will admit that connecting is weird. Sometimes immediately, sometimes after I go off and on with the controller several times. It is frustrating. I have read where some say the cable is a problem, but like you it connects just fine with my android phone. I also follow the instructions on the screen verbatim about closing the apps, making sure no default connection to DJI Go, etc., but it seems to not matter.

But all in all it does connect at least by the 3rd or 4th try and without any particular action or sequence that I have figured out at least. If someone knows the magic sequence of start up of drone, controller and app, (or something else) it would be nice to know.

Today for example after about 3 tries I simply unplugged the USB from the controller and back in and it connected.

My HTC M8 & Samsung 10.5 Tab S does this all the time! There's no rhyme or reason how it eventually works. Force Close is the closer of evils that works the most if I had to say.
What I can say though is the feed to my Tab S is lag ridden that I resorted to my phone most often now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm the dissenter. I have a Galaxy S2 that I bought just for this as well. It connects every time and has no stutters until about 2500' away when it begins to lose video and stutter quite a bit. Not shown in the recorded video, just live.

Other types of phones work much better even though they're older and I really don't like it. I had high hopes for this thing.

I'm the dissenter. I have a Galaxy S2 that I bought just for this as well. It connects every time and has no stutters until about 2500' away when it begins to lose video and stutter quite a bit. Not shown in the recorded video, just live.

Other types of phones work much better even though they're older and I really don't like it. I had high hopes for this thing.

Can you share the exact sequence you power up with? I go with P4 then controller, then open App. What do you do?

I am also new and just received my PH4. I bought a Samsung tab A 8.0 and it wouldn't connect either. The fix was to go to settings/Lock Screen and Security. Turn on the Unknown Sources button and it connected flawlessly.

Sent from my KFFOWI using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Yu-Huang Wang
The fix was to go to settings/Lock Screen and Security. Turn on the Unknown Sources button and it connected flawlessly.
Thanks to AZmtnbkr's solution. I also used Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0. It works for me. It seems that you only have to turn on "Unknown Sources" when you connect your Tab S2 with P4 at the first time via DJI Go. Next time, you don't have to turn on "Unknown Sources".
I also tested on Samsung Note4. It works fine without this issue. However, Tab S2 with larger screen is better for me.

Reactions: AZmtnbkr
Bought S2 for use with my p4p. I have tried some of everythg i read so far except for turning ON "unknown sources" how do you do that?

Hi,

The previous solution no longer works for me. Maybe it was due to the update of DJI GO.
Now I use DJI GO 4. I also use Ctrl+DJI and Pix4Dcapture for mapping.

Suppose the Android of your Tab S2 is version 6. Please follow the steps:
1. Installed DJI GO 4 (or other apps).
2. Keep your P4 and remote controller power-off.
3. Connect Tab S2 and the remote controller (keep the controller power-off) with USB cable.
4. Turn on the P4 first, then the remote controller. The Tab S2 screen will pop up the options for opening apps. Choose the one (DJI GO4, for example).
5. DJI GO 4 should be able to connect with the P4 correctly.

The first-time connection will work fine. But the DJI GO 4 or other apps (e.g., Ctrl+DJI) will not work properly when you power off P4 or the remote controller then power on to reconnect the Tab S2 with P4. For solving this issue, you have to go to Settings -> Applications -> Application manager to find out the app, which you previously used to connect with P4, to CLEAR DEFAULTS if the app shows "Set as default". Clear the default app then follow the steps 2-4. You will have to repeat the same procedure every time for reconnecting Tab S2 and P4. Hope this also works for you.

Best,

Yu-Huang Wang

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl