Connection lag between iPad and P4 camera

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am a new user of the P4 (I had a P3 Standard before) and I am noticing that the video feed from the camera to my iPad is laggy and poor quality, especially when compared to the crystal clear feed I have when using the P3 standard. The lag is very minimal, but can stutter from time to time (about half a second), and the image display is low quality as well. Considering the P4 is a big upgrade to the P3 I was surprised by this. My first thought is that it has something to do with the antennas? The problem definitely gets worse with range between the controller and the aircraft.

Anyone else have this problem, or can help me troubleshoot it? I briefly looked around but was unable to find any posts talking about the same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi
I upgrade the RC a few days ago and downgrade it again to 1.6 because start giving me weak signal , lost contact with my phantom 4 and video quality in my iPad mini was bad. I forgot only record about one minute video I don't know why. There is a lot of people having problems with firmware 1.8.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Hi
I upgrade the RC a few days ago and downgrade it again to 1.6 because start giving me weak signal , lost contact with my phantom 4 and video quality in my iPad mini was bad. I forgot only record about one minute video I don't know why. There is a lot of people having problems with firmware 1.8.

Is there a rollback option in the DJI interface software?

Yes. You can use your tablet. Connect your controller to your tablet and turn it on. Open DJI app. Before you press camera in the app you will see a little box on the top right corner. Press it for a few seconds.

Here is a video. I hope this help.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers