connect DJI GO to my Droid Maxx

Reaction score
New guy! Before I got my P3 Standard I scanned compatibility, and a thread said my Motorola Droid Maxx would work fine with the drone. Just got my P3 Standard and when I scanned the QR code it said "Identity Failed. Can not connect to the device." So there must be another way to hook the phone up to the system. All help will be greatly appreciated.

I have a droid Maxx as well and I have flown my P3S once with it. I too just got it on black Friday so I'm still pretty new. I just went to the app store and downloaded the DJI go app. Remember you have to connect to your drone via your WiFi.

Sent from my XT1080 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the quick response. I suppose you are using DJI Go. If you do how did you hook up to it? Or what else might you be using?
Go to settings, wifi and see where phantom3_xxxxx connect to that, password is 12341234 then go to dji go and it should say aircraft connected, need to update firmware or aircraft connected, enter camera view. You have to sign in first before you can fly also...

Reactions: Cieslak4
So the first part of what you did isn't in DJI Go, but somewhere else? Or is it in DJI Go? I'm anxious to try your steps but we got about 3 inches of snow last night and I have to shovel the walkway first. Fun, Fun!

Yes I'm using DJI go app. Like stated above you need to connect to your drones WiFi once you are connect launch your DJI app and it should connect then hit where it says camera and you should connected to your drone.

Reactions: Brayan2134
Yes I'm using DJI go app. Like stated above you need to connect to your drones WiFi once you are connect launch your DJI app and it should connect then hit where it says camera and you should connected to your drone.

You should sign in first on dji go or it will not let you also. I did the noob mistake also it will ask you to press accept on some legal information, and warranty information prior to being able to enter camera view. So do not worry if dji go asks you to sign legal info.

OK, I've got a ways to go. I haven't even charged the batteries yet. Thanks for your help and if I need more I hope I can contact you again.
Yeah sure from us. Good thing this is a grown up community so like 5 year olds don't spam here. We're generally here for you. And yes by all means reply to us if you have questions or concerns :D

Reactions: Cieslak4
Also remember to charge the CONTROLLER and your phone. Dji go drains a battery very fast. 40 minutes in air and my phone went from 100%-30% the controller only needs 2/4 lights to be green when you turn on to have a nice flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31