Confusion with the P3 propellers

Reaction score
The P3 seem to need new propeller sets because of the dynamic braking of their motors (like the Inspire One).

The P2 set are labeled 9443 and the P3 are 9450. They look almost the same but the 9550 seem to have a plastic composite hub instead of the metal one of the 9443. So it appear that the prop number are not just a matter of size. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What puzzle me is that my P3P reseller, here in Canada (Flying Camera) are offering the 9450 (at about $21 CAN a pair) as good to go for the P2 and the P3. Is this true (9450 work for both models P2/P3 but 9443 are only good for P2)?

Thanks,

Maher

The number on the prop IS just a matter of it's size (diameter) & pitch.

The hubs are different as you've noticed and been discussed extensively.

9450's are also available for the P2s (with metal hubs).

There is no model number on the prop, it's [will be] on the packaging.

Prop numbers are the size and pitch. The 9450's with the metal hubs will not work, they'll spin off. Search the forums for multiple threads on this topic.

.. beat me again @N017RW

I've deleted many a post bb after you've 'taken care of it' while I was typing :cool:.

No need for the dupes!

Reactions: bbfpv
AlleRc (google it) has them in stock, search for DJi 9450.
They are listed as the "lite" versions, you'll see the ones with the colored stripes and the gray ones. They come in a pair so you'll need two packs for a full set (4 props). It has been confirmed those are the same props the P3 uses (composite hubs). AlleRC ships fast. I ordered at 4PM one day and got shipping info less than an hour later.

Don't buy the ones your seeing from dealers that are P3 pre-order 9450 props as they are $30 versus $12 for the ones noted.

In theory locktite blue Yes, but really Bad idea, spend the $6 and order one from allerc.com or DJI direct. see links above. If you have a local DJI shop, ask for the P310 composite props

The P3 seem to need new propeller sets because of the dynamic braking of their motors (like the Inspire One).

The P2 set are labeled 9443 and the P3 are 9450. They look almost the same but the 9550 seem to have a plastic composite hub instead of the metal one of the 9443. So it appear that the prop number are not just a matter of size. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

What puzzle me is that my P3P reseller, here in Canada (Flying Camera) are offering the 9450 (at about $21 CAN a pair) as good to go for the P2 and the P3. Is this true (9450 work for both models P2/P3 but 9443 are only good for P2)?

Thanks,

Maher
The P3 propellers are different part number announced by DJI, still 9450 props, but they are now coming in a set of 4 instead of pairs.

I have ordered a few sets of these to try out here in Canada.
They will be here Friday. Weather permitting, I will try it out (including mix and match with P3 original props )and let everyone know how it goes.

http://click.dji.com/K8hsNp6ZbqFYWjCT

Based on all prelim info, these are identical to the P3 except for the color.
same weight 13 g, same size, same pitch and composite hub.
$6.00 USD per PAIR or $12.00 per set. However, there is 18.50 shipping costs and God know how much DHL express is going to charge. Still better than using P2 prop or wait another month for the pre order p3 prop.

In spite of all the negatives about DJI direct, I ordered these props on May 12, and it is at my front door in Canada East Coast May 15 morning.
http://click.dji.com/K8hsNp6ZbqFYWjCT

Absolutely the same as the P3 props. I installed one and flew with no problem mixing with the REAL P3 props.

A vernier caliper confirmed all dimensions and weight is exactly the same.
Yes, it is composite hub.

For $6.00 a pair, good deal except you have to pay 18.50 flat rate DHL shipping.
Stock up before someone hawks it all. I ordered enough for about a year's flying AT LEAST even with all my crash testings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers