Confused on "boosted / non-boosted". Any help?

Reaction score
I am looking at buying the Maxx UAV IteLite Maxx Range Antenna. Reading the range board, I see lots of people have them, but I also see they say "non boosted" or "boosted". Can someone help me understand what that means?

Looking at Maxx UAV's website for the Phantom 4 Products, I am still not clear on the difference in terms of the IteLite Kit and the Evolite Kits. Are they both Range extenders and the Evo just comes with a battery for the controller?

I understand why you're confused. IMO, the word "boosted" is not clear, just as the phrase "range extender" is not clear. But a lot of people use words like this for just about any and every signal enhancement.

I think it's best to speak in specifics.

"I have a better signal with my windsurfer."

"My range extender has problems." (from DJI's definition of range extender)

"I love the amp for my controller."

"My ITELITE MaxxRange antenna gives me so much more distance."

etc....

Range extends means any antenna that extends the range beyond stock.

Boosted word is referred to include active electronics to boost the signal before it's transmitted.

Non boosted has no additional electronics, it's just a revised design of the antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
Thanks for the information. I think I can see the difference now on the Maxx UAV products page. One other question. I see lots and lots of P3 battery mods, but I don't see many P4 battery mods being done. I have searched the forum, but it seems lots of people are still looking for more information on the 4. Is this the case or am I looking in the wrong spot?

d6c621e03bfc114fc46f6efc64665a8f.jpg

Range extends means any antenna that extends the range beyond stock.

Boosted word is referred to include active electronics to boost the signal before it's transmitted.

Non boosted has no additional electronics, it's just a revised design of the antenna.

Thank you sir !

Thanks for the information. I think I can see the difference now on the Maxx UAV products page. One other question. I see lots and lots of P3 battery mods, but I don't see many P4 battery mods being done. I have searched the forum, but it seems lots of people are still looking for more information on the 4. Is this the case or am I looking in the wrong spot?

I think the reason it is talked about more in the p3 is because more people have a p3 and also people are more comfortable opening up a inexpensive aircraft that is a few years old without warranty than opening up their brand new p4 with warranty & a much higher price tag.

There have been a few people to do the mod which most often has wires and plugs hanging out which really takes away from the "clean" look of the P4 in my opinion. I have been working on a proof of concept (not a paid service in our stores yet). This idea I have is to have flush mount XT60 connectors leaving the bird looking stock.

See here:

If you have a limited budget and do not want to modify your bird get maxxuav DBS02.2 antenna with a clean install, in good conditions you will go as far as your battery can bring you back with little to no signal loss. I did and like it a lot!

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
I just received from Amazon, a "Fab Quality DJI BOOSTER" It's one of those plastic dealies that you slide over the antennas. It is probably adding to the confusion. It 's not helping. The hole that is supposed to hold it on doesn't accommodate a tapering antenna so it won't stay parallell to the antenna. I think it would be dangerous to fly with it because at any distance, if you turn around for any reason, you probably do as much to loose the signal completely as whatever good you get out of it's supposedly parabolic curved copper reflector . I have no distance problems. I bought it to see if it would have any effect on my AC to Device signal strength which right now has rendered my aircraft useless for anything I need to do that requires me having to see my subject..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav