Complete loss of control of phantom 3 pro

Reaction score
I was flying earlier today and my phantom 3 pro did a barrel roll to the left and took off full throttle at the forest I was 150ft high about 500ft out clear line of site any ideas why it didn't return home or why I had no control had 100% battery on controller and phantom

I was flying earlier today and my phantom 3 pro did a barrel roll to the left and took off full throttle at the forest I was 150ft high about 500ft out clear line of site any ideas why it didn't return home or why I had no control had 100% battery on controller and phantom
That sounds nasty.
Most likely it couldn't return home because of a malfunction.
You might be able to get some clues from the flight data.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link and we'll see what information can be found there.

Welcome to the Forum!

Sorry its your first post, Been there myself, let us know if you found it, If you didn't, upload your flight.

@Meta4, Has helped a few find there Phantom. ;)

Rod

And was flying it earlier today lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app
OMG,
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

And was flying it earlier today lol

I was flying without camera or gimbal operating when I crashed I was waiting on a new camera. But have problem with no live video feed but shows no error on screen everything works I can even snap pics but just black nothing else. I have a video down link board ordered for the Phantom that will make new cam, new wire ,firmware so if I still have no live feed I'm out of luck and also waiting on new antenna's for phantom

Lol that's what I thought and I think I know what caused crash I had it over a nice soft grassy area about 5 ft high and went to climb in altitude and it sounded as tho the props were hitting on the body and again it shot right handed went upside down and landed in the grass but no error I don't know why it stopped went to the right and belly up but it's the same scenario as the day of crash

I think @Meta4 is right, it's time for DJI repair. At time 44 secs to 49 secs there was a 720 degree rotation but there was no rudder or aileron input. (The same thing happened at the end of the flight.)
upload_2016-10-15_15-57-41.png

After the uncommanded rotation started a SPEED_ERROR_LARGE error occurred, probably because the FC didn't expect the Yaw value to change.

@Blooddemon6 mentioned on a subsequent flight there was an unusual sound like one of the props was hitting the body. The motor data in the .DAT might yield some more info. But, it doesn't matter if the P3 is going to DJI repair anyway.

I lost control before that point I have a new shell and download board coming the shell had stress fractures before the crash and I don't know what difference the prop guards have but it flies with them on it but has vibration even with new props but I think the case or shell is letting it flex

I did a hand held test (holding the drone) and throttled up to climb and it vibrated and battery popped loose not enough to lose complete connection but enough to cause weak GPS signal among other things

I bought the Phantom used so warranty is out but I'm an hvac technician and have helicopters and nitro buggy's and used to working on them myself I always buy used before I buy new to kinda test it out so to speak

I lost control before that point I have a new shell and download board coming the shell had stress fractures before the crash and I don't know what difference the prop guards have but it flies with them on it but has vibration even with new props but I think the case or shell is letting it flex

Can you try it without the prop guards? If one of the props was hitting the guard it could cause that motor/prop to slow down. If this happened it would cause an uncommanded rotation like what I described

Given the AC had been crashed prior to this incident it might be the IMU was either seriously out of calibration or damaged. Have you tried an IMU calibration? You need a new shell and camera anyway so if the main board is ok and your handy on the tools you should be able to get flying again.

Since it was a CCW rotation that indicates it's either the leftBack or the rightFront motor/prop that is slowing down.

Given the AC had been crashed prior to this incident it might be the IMU was either seriously out of calibration or damaged. Have you tried an IMU calibration? You need a new shell and camera anyway so if the main board is ok and your handy on the tools you should be able to get flying again.
Yes I did an imu and compass both before takeoff

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic