Compatible device

Reaction score
Anyone who use samsung galaxy A5(2016 or 2017), is it compatible and useful for dji go app?

I suffered a lot in this area, especially trying to get both GO and GO4 running to run a P3S and Spark. While i don't have that particular samsung phone, i tried a number of others and thought my errors and triumphs might help...

Samsung Galaxy S4 (full retail, all sensors): Will run GO most of the time, but has issues with dropping video and load lag. Also crashes back to main page when trying to playback videos or pictures. GO4 unavailable for download due to OS version.
Samsung Galaxy Amp Prime (V1): Runs either GO or GO4, but not together for whatever reason. One works fine until the other is loaded, then I see issues with video link signal strength, video loss, etc. I'm using this to run GO for my P3S only now.
Samsung Galaxy Amp Prime2: Basically the same results as with the Amp Prime. Its either/or, not both. Does run GO somewhat smoother than the Amp Prime however.
Samsung Galaxy Core Prime: Runs GO4 very well, and this is what I'm using as a dedicated device for my Spark via OTG cable. Range is excellent, 500m @ 120ft with no loss in video link.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0: loads both GO and GO4, but will not display the video feed regardless of settings, re-starts, re-installs, etc. Everything loads fast and appears good, with full telemetry, just no video feed. I can view pictures, but not video during playback also.

It seems anything previous to android 4.4 is going to run flaky, if at all. My versions are all over the place with 6 devices total, so app issues are kind of expected. KitKat, Jellybean and Nougat seem to do ok for the most part. Regardless of android device, or GO version, I'm unable to hit the Academy without the app crashing back to its homepage. Same result trying to use the editor sometimes as well.

Hope this helps some atleast! Bear in mind, I just bought that Note 8.0 specifically to fly my P3S, imagine my elation when the video wouldn't show up. Had I not gotten such a good used deal on it, I'd have been seriously disappointed. As it is, i can always use another tablet... still looking for one that's compatible though, the pawn shops are full of them for cheap!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl