Compatibility

Reaction score
I've looked in this thread and couldn't find anything but DJI is telling me they only support 10 android devices? Seriously?
upload_2017-9-25_13-48-39.png

Yes, that's what they support. There are other Android devices that work. Check out my list here.

What exactly isn't working?

The RC and the aircraft would sync up and show green but the tablet would always show disconnected. Tried 4 different devices all with the same result. Upgraded aircraft firmware and after doing so the RC flashes either red/green or red/yellow/green (can't tell because it is so fast). Done the reset with the blue led showing and the craft sees the RC but the RC goes from a blue to flashing light.

My recommendation is to connect in this order:

Turn controller on
Turn Phantom on and allow for a connection.
Plug the display device into the controller
Once into the app you should see a "Ready to Fly" message

When you ay that you show something is disconnected, what is it that is not connecting? I'm guessing the app? If this is the case, clear the app cache, delete the app and reinstall.

Correction: I read your post again and it seems that you cannot connect the controller to the Phantom. If this is the case, it has nothing to do with the display device.

Yes. Originally my problem was the app connection. In an effort to solve that I updated the aircraft firmware. After it rebooted following the firmware update it switched to the flashing light on the RC. It's weird the flash pattern looks like an led on a router or ethernet connection. Not a consistent or pattern based flash but like data send/receive.

Honestly had I known it was so troublesome I would have just gotten the Pro+ for a couple of hundred. I've easily wasted that much time.

The RC and the aircraft would sync up and show green but the tablet would always show disconnected. Tried 4 different devices all with the same result.
How about eliminating a silly little possibility that can cause problems.
Have you only tried one USB cable?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT