Compatibility issues between iOS 11.2.5 and DJI GO 4

It certainly is if you’re a dev.

On my iPhone it says 11.2.5 is up to date -- in any case, this thread is about conflicts between iOS 11.2.5 and DJI Go4 4.2.4.

iOS11.2.5.jpeg

As mentioned, if you’re a developer or have access to the developer betas...the current is 11.3.

Definitely Hdmi related, remove module and install non Hdmi module and go fly, iOS update is not compatible with Hdmi module on RC, I’m sure dji will fix with new firmware

DJI fixed the issue, got an apple app update... We will see if that fixes the problem.. Had to work, so had to remove the HDMI module..

Hope it's all fixed now! One reason I'm glad I have a dedicated device for just flying with. Because I keep wi-fi turned off so it will only update when I'm ready to pull the plug. I have never installed my HDMI Module in my P4P. I had it in a reg P4 last year. But never used it tbo. Thx for all the info here on this latest problem with updates between app and device.

Hope it's all fixed now! One reason I'm glad I have a dedicated device for just flying with. Because I keep wi-fi turned off so it will only update when I'm ready to pull the plug. I have never installed my HDMI Module in my P4P. I had it in a reg P4 last year. But never used it tbo. Thx for all the info here on this latest problem with updates between app and device.
You don't need to have wi-fi turned off to prevent automatic app updates on iOS devices. Just turn off Updates under Automatic Downloads under iTunes & App Stores in Settings. :cool:

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Thx so much GadgetGuy!!
I learned the hard way! My new iPhone 8 Plus was set up for me by CostCo, and they neglected to copy over that setting from my sluggish iPhone 6 Plus. Now stuck with the latest Go4 updated fix from yesterday, whether I want it or not! ;)

Might be time to buy an Android device just as a backup device.

The Android DJI Go app is very buggy, and crashes constantly. This has been reported by many people, there are too many hardware/software combinations for Android, and it costs too much for even DJI to really support two plattforms. DJI's primary focus is supportting iOS devices first, so you need to use an iOS device. The best device is a 9.7" iPad, iPad mini displays are too small, iPad Pro's are too unwieldy and will not fit in the DJI remote controller device clamp. The iPad Air CPU is too slow, so you need an iPad Air 2 or newer. BTW, Lithium Ion batteries in mobile devices are good for about 500 charges, and battery replacement is not worth it, after about 5 years Apple doesn't support OS updates anyway.

Reactions: RW8888
The Android DJI Go app is very buggy, and crashes constantly. This has been reported by many people, there are too many hardware/software combinations for Android, and it costs too much for even DJI to really support two plattforms. DJI's primary focus is supportting iOS devices first, so you need to use an iOS device. The best device is a 9.7" iPad, iPad mini displays are too small, iPad Pro's are too unwieldy and will not fit in the DJI remote controller device clamp. The iPad Air CPU is too slow, so you need an iPad Air 2 or newer. BTW, Lithium Ion batteries in mobile devices are good for about 500 charges, and battery replacement is not worth it, after about 5 years Apple doesn't support OS updates anyway.
Agree on all, except the iPad Pro 9.7" still fits perfectly in the tablet holder. The CS monitor also runs on Android, which says everything about it you need to know! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164