Compass Calibration Crash

Reaction score

Previous to this I had been opening DJI GO to calibrate my compass from there, force stopping it (i am on android), then launching litchi for my flight. I was always a little hesitant to use the litchi compass calibration as it has no on screen directions. Recently I read about the colour of the lights indicating compass calibration, I used litchi and watched the lights I thought they changed to green, but it didn't seem right, I also may have been too close to my truck when calibrating. Anyway it resulted in some major drift. Instead of compensating with my right stick to hold it in place I brought it down hard and fast as it was headed for the trees (again my error), this resulted in a hard landing, a bounce onto its head, and the props spinning in the dust. I picked it up, replaced the props, dusted it off, checked it out, and cautiously started from the beginning. After a proper compass calibration it flew well for the rest of the day.

I guess my take aways are make sure your compass is calibrated properly, and after a crash like this is the anything I should check for that may not have been obvious? The camera and gimbal didn't touch ground.

Also just a note that all I did was start it up and send it up all horizontal movement was not me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl