Commercial Working insurance

Reaction score
I am thinking of starting a business which will involve flying a quad in the course of business. Can anybody suggest a good insurance company that might be able to offer good insurance for a commercial flying business in the UK please.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm a UAV Insurance broker here in the U.S. and while we cannot place coverage in the UK, I can give some input.

Some top insurers in the UK are Kiln, Catlin and XL. They can be accessed through a broker and perhaps the most active broker would be http://www.johnheath.com/business-insur ... insurance/

I would ask for quotes from all available insurers.

Hope that helps,

Terry

UAVInsurance said:
Hi Steve,

I'm a UAV Insurance broker here in the U.S....

Terry

Hi Terry,

I am quite curious to hear about insuring a quad used as a business tool given the current cloudy environment regarding the FAA and commercial use of model aircraft. Perhaps others would be interested in your thoughts as well.

Dave

I just changed platforms from the Phantom to a Turbo Ace Matrix after the Phantom splashed down into a lake. I have a photography business and will be using the Matrix. Do you insure for equipment loss and liability? Thanks.

Man bet tons of people are interested in this on the board. Perhaps a website or some further information could be posted by UAVinsurance

I'll be happy to forward information to anyone that wants to contact me. Our website and contact info can be found at http://www.TransportRisk.com or you can visit our Facebook as well. http://www.FaceBook.com/uavinsurance

Due to my own unfortunate experience with the Phantom 2, we are not insuring that model until we can come to some comfort level with some of the issues we experienced and have seen posted by others.

I also own a Phantom 1 that I've flown hundreds of times without incident and that I enjoy flying a great deal. I have a high level of comfort insuring the Phantom 1.

I normally just lurk this forum and was really just responding to the OP because I thought I could help give him some direction.

Our primary business is manned aircraft, aviation maintenance operations and aerial film production. UAS is essentially limited to supporting business and I would say that we quote and insure about 1 out of 20 risks we review. Now maybe it's closer to 1 in 30 actually. We currently insure about 150 UAS from Phantoms to Scion Jackals but nearly all are either at the manufacturer level or in support of existing clients that expand into their use for some purpose or another. We insure a lot of film production, education and R&D along with the occasional law enforcement risk in support of manufacturers. At the present time, we're really not looking to expand the UAS class.

Thanks,

Terry

UAVInsurance said:
? I replied just below the OP's first post. I didn't give any other response.

You are correct, I misread, apologies.

I'm sorry to hear about your Phantom Vision. It sounds like you had the "incorrect battery smart pin issue" except that in those cases it starts a quick descent and landing, not "all off and drop like a rock", so probably something else.

I will check out your links for more info about uas insurance matters, thank you.

Thanks for the information Terry. Good to hear from someone that can answer the questions we have. Can you share the insights your industry is seeing from the FAA implications of Commercial Drone Use? Preferably from the view of the RC flyer?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl