'Command time out' error on transmitter

Reaction score
So I'm experiencing an odd issue with my phantom 3. When I attempt to take off no fans spin and I receive a 'command time out' error on the ipad when trying to auto take off. Any ideas what could be causing this message?

The unit also is displaying a 'safe to fly' message along with having acquired 7-8 satellites...everything looks good.

I've reset the transmitter, installed a new battery, and everything is displaying as fine (no faults except for the standard 'gimble overloaded' message after updating to the latest bios update.

Ideas?

IMU Recab??? It's the equivalent of resetting PCs to fix IT issues...

So I'm experiencing an odd issue with my phantom 3. When I attempt to take off no fans spin and I receive a 'command time out' error on the ipad when trying to auto take off. Any ideas what could be causing this message?

The unit also is displaying a 'safe to fly' message along with having acquired 7-8 satellites...everything looks good.

I've reset the transmitter, installed a new battery, and everything is displaying as fine (no faults except for the standard 'gimble overloaded' message after updating to the latest bios update.

Ideas?

Too many programs on your ipad?

yeah, what's weird is I tried even doing a reset of all settings and that timed out...so not sure if it's the actual transmitter that's bad or the drone...i'm thinking drone though, but I'm going to reload the firmware update on both and see if that does the trick

Well appears to have reset both transmitter and drone firmware but still the same error. Looks like when I also try to pinpoint my gps location with a home marker it also times out... this is driving me crazy.
2015-07-02 18.06.16.png
2015-07-02 18.06.28.png
2015-07-02 18.07.56.png

Did you uninstall and reinstall the app? :confused:

Also worth noting is the return to home physical button on the transmitter doesn't work/light up when pressed

Also worth noting is the return to home physical button on the transmitter doesn't work/light up when pressed
Something bad wrong-- where did you purchase it -- direct or from a dealer?

From a dealer. Has been working great for the past two weeks. Got into a crash a day or so ago and then this happend.

What's odd is that i can control the camera fine, but any updates made within the app (like saving multi flights settings, etc) don't save...it's as though the app is just screwed up.

What's odd is that i can control the camera fine, but any updates made within the app (like saving multi flights settings, etc) don't save...it's as though the app is just screwed up.
Did you get the dealer on the horn and find out if they can help you? It may be a better and quicker solution than trying to deal directly with DJI support direct.

From a dealer. Has been working great for the past two weeks. Got into a crash a day or so ago and then this happend.

I would think based upon you say it worked fine until crash the APP is not your issue.

Something inside the phantom has come loose or cracked a trace...
time to open it up and start looking real close for damage.

good luck and have fun flying!

I just updated my firmware on my DJI Phantom 3 professional and...aaahhhhh. Won't spin up, I get the "command timeout" message. Same as everything above but have never had a crash nor hard landing. Have tried reloading software and same-same, camera works from RC, but that is all. Help me gurus, you're m only hope.

For me exact same problem... No crash... But iT won't start in GPS mode, AC keeps beeping and App shows warning: Command Timeout. Flew a few weeks ago without any problems.

Version:
App: 2.8.4
AC: 1.8.80
Remote: 1.6.0

Anyone an idea or solution?
Thanks ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.