Colored Props

Reaction score
I have a lot of model experience and am a bit crafty so I am making a batch of Authentic DJI 9450 thrust boosted colored props. Do you think there is a market out there for them? Would any of you be interested in these or other custom made props with your name, striping, etc?

Have tried a lot of aftermarket props. Find the best functional props are the original. They have the proper flex and itch needed. Stiff props and carbon fiber just haven provided rally good results. Good luck with yours!

I'm using authentic DJI Props. Just customizing them without adding weight

+1 on the factory originals being the best.

Might be cool for static display but once spinning 'artsy' props are just a blur.

Also balance them before offering them or folks will have to [possibly] sand away some of the paint. etc.

For those interested, I understand that this is very easy to do yourself (though I haven't done it myself). Simply dunk the props in hot water with RIT dye added for a few minutes. Search the forums

I'd be interesting in some nice bright volt/yellow props and some bright royal blue props. What are you thinking price point wise? I'd pay a few bucks instead of doing it my self just to save some time lol

It's not too tricky but can be time consuming and a mess. And I do multiple colors, patterns, etc

Probably would start around $12 for a pair. Free express shipping. 1CW & 1CCW.

I'll put a few things together and post. I'm like most of u guys and make a good living. I'm not looking to screw people over. Just seeing if there was possible interest. If I can make a few sets and buy a 6 pack of beer a week I'll be happy. Lol. Just trying to help people out.

Reactions: cmyk22
I did my props w/ rit dye in blue ( one each silver knob and black ) Turned out great. Tried red later and they turned out pink. Maybe did not leave in dye long enough. Nice thing is it does not add weight or need to be rebalanced

It would be cheaper and easier for people to dye them, wouldn't it?

Rit dye is supper cheap...Just be careful to not deform the prop by boiling it to long.

I don't boil them. Why buy the dye for around $5 each and use them maybe 5x. What if you want 3-4 colors? I just had the idea because I know a lot of people don't have the time like I do. Again, this isn't to profit, I live extremely comfortably and was hoping to help people. :)

Reactions: Bob Publicover
It would be nice to see some pics. I'm not interested myself in doing the dye myself (I'm a bit craft-challenged).

I wasn't anywhere near boiling when the props went in. Black took the longest.
image.jpg

It would be nice to see some pics. I'm not interested myself in doing the dye myself (I'm a bit craft-challenged).

Very easy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic