CNN Article Drone Operator Detained

What`s terrible? the fact he got arrested or for flying in airspace ?
My first thought is the OP was referencing the action of the drone operator as terrible.
Make sense?

OTOH, how cool would it be to have a window seat and see a "Phantom 5 ProSonic" pull up beside you?
I'd be digging for MY camera.

You wouldn't likely get the shot, by the time you saw it (If you saw it), you'd be past it ...

My (tongue in cheek) point exactly. Thanks, but even I could figure out that it would be improbable for a 30 mph drone to "pull alongside" a 400 MPH jet. That's why I named the new P5 the ProSonic.:)

Hehehe, you wont be going 400Mph in a Class B .... more like 287 max (250Kias) But I got your point.

The takeaway that I see on this video is that China has very bad air pollution. ;)

Really stupid ... but his stupidity is compounded by his decision to... post it under a username that comes back to him.. so double stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was quite a bit of debate in other threads/forums/comment sections that this was a screen recording of a flight simulator program. Among the reasons given:

1) The statement from DJI was a condemnation of anyone trying something like this, but no acknowledgement that it happened (with their equipment)
2) The poor resolution (if shot by a MP)
3) Operator claimed to try to capture the sunset (too cloudy)
4) the apparently slow speed of the fly-by

There were others, but I can't recall what they were. Given the anti-drone hype that the media seems all too willing to publish (i.e. drones at 10,000ft that later turn out to be trash bags), I wouldn't be so quick to accept any initial stories as fact. I suppose it could be true, but I'm not naive enough to believe there aren't other factors at play that generate "fake news".

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4